Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie Upgrade/Install on Sunday!

Genie geniego HR44 HR34 SWM

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,277 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Oh....  I can't do that now anyways with my 3 HD DVR's...  Thought you can only program a recording from the actual HRDVR itself or online...

Only thing I can do one HDDVR to another is watch and delete shows...

That's correct! '

Enjoy!

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Should you get a geniego, the DirecTv app on the ipad will allow you to schedule a recording on any of your DVR's (not familiar with other mobile devices) from anywhere, in home or out (with wifi connection).  It may also do that even without the geniego, but not sure about that.

#23 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,277 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Should you get a geniego, the DirecTv app on the ipad will allow you to schedule a recording on any of your DVR's (not familiar with other mobile devices) from anywhere, in home or out (with wifi connection).  It may also do that even without the geniego, but not sure about that.

Actually, remote scheduling has nothing to do with GenieGo, though one can do a lot more with the extra gear. 

And you don't need an iPad, however handy they are; the DIRECTV® website allows remote recording, also from iPhone and various android devices. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#24 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

All of the DirecTV apps, regardless of whether someone owns a GenieGo will allow for recording to any DVR.

#25 OFFLINE   nj1313

nj1313

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 160 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

To recap my Sunday install:

The install went perfect.  Installed an HR44-200 Genie and an SWM-16.  Quite a mild surprise when I found out that the HR44 has a wireless capability...helps get rid of my remote internet box and a bunch of extra wires!

So far,I love the new HR44 (very fast) and the new RF controller (much more user friendly)!

With regards to the Genie Remote, my guess is that this remote CANNOT be programmed for other devices (Blue Ray/DVD/ETC.), like the Universal remote can?

My Genie remote is programmed with my TV for volume and Input change, but that is pretty much it, where on the Universal remote, I could have full function of my TV (Menu/Format/etc.)...

Thank you for all of your input over the past week...it was greatly appreciated!

Edited by nj1313, 27 January 2014 - 08:09 AM.

HR44-200
HDMI; Sharp Aquos 60" LED-LCD HDTV 1080p
Great Room

HR24-200
HDMI; Hitachi 42'' Plasma HDTV 1080i
Master Bedroom

HR24-100
HDMI; Insignia 18'' LCD HDTV 1080i
Kitchen

HDMI; Insignia 32'' Plasma HDTV 1080p
Computer Room

#26 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,261 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

To recap my Sunday install:

The install went perfect.  Installed an HR44-200 Genie and an SWM-16.  Quite a mild surprise when I found out that the HR44 has a wireless capability...helps get rid of my remote internet box and a bunch of extra wires!

So far,I love the new HR44 (very fast) and the new RF controller (much more user friendly)!

With regards to the Genie Remote, my guess is that this remote CANNOT be programmed for other devices (Blue Ray/DVD/ETC.), like the Universal remote can?

My Genie remote is programmed with my TV for volume and Input change, but that is pretty much it, where on the Universal remote, I could have full function of my TV (Menu/Format/etc.)...

Thank you for all of your input over the past week...it was greatly appreciated!

Correct. The RC71 (in your case) can only operate the HR44/C41 and either the TV volume or AVR/SB volume plus TV input

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#27 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

I got a HR44-500 installed today. Love the speed and the remote!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genie, geniego, HR44, HR34, SWM

Protected By... spam firewall...And...