Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Crazy Recorded Program Problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

Tonight, my wife and I are watching Justified, which I recorded earlier in the night. About 2/3rd's of the way through the program, the Kentucky-Texas A&M basketball game came on. Keep in mind we are still watching the recording of Justified. I pushed the info button and it said we were watching Justified but what was playing was the game which was broadcast earlier on ESPN. I had a WTF moment, stopped the program, and started it over. When it came to the same spot the recording changed to the basketball game.

Any suggestions as to how this could have happened? How can two different programs, each on a different channel, end up in the same recording? Justified is set as a series timer. I have never had anything like this happen before. We have the Hopper, the latest version.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land who's boundaries are that of imagination - Next stop - the Twilight Zone!".

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 ONLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

We watched Justified last night. I didn't see any issue with the recording. Looks like you are in the Twilight zone.

#4 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,121 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Bizzare. Luckily they repeat it often. No one should ever screw with that show. ;)

#5 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

I guess my bigger question is how this could happen technology wise? How did the Hopper combine two video streams into one recording?

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

I had the same thing happen last Thursday night.

Right in the middle of Mysteries at the Museum on my HWS, the recording had switched to the KellyFile on FOX News, so it switched from The Travel Channel (196) to Fox News (205) about 20 minutes into the recording.

Edited by Jim5506, 27 January 2014 - 09:27 AM.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

What time are these things happening?

I ask because... in the uplink reports there have been some moving/shuffling around of transponders a couple of different late nights... and I wonder if you had a recording in progress during one of those shuffles, if this isn't the kind of problem you might see as a result?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#8 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

What software are you guys on? Have you had any signal issues?

#9 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

What software are you guys on? Have you had any signal issues?

No signal issues, software version s330.

Since the last update, I have had several problems with the Hopper. Two examples:

If I go to my recordings and click the PTA folder it is always empty. I have to click one of the menus and choose any of the options and then the folder populates. This happens every time.

If I am watching a program that has auto hop enabled and I forget and hit skip as it auto hops, I lose the video. The sound still works. I have to stop the program and start watching it again. This is an infrequent problem.

The merged recording issue only happened one time. I can not fathom how, technology wise, this happened.

Bruce

#10 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

I record Mysteries at the Museum at 8:00pm Thursday night, the program changed to The Kelly File on Fox News about 8:20pm.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...