Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie 0x07E5, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for all Genie DVRs.

HR34 & HR44 All manufacturers

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...0-genie-0x07e5/

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 717 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

While this is a significant improvement compared to x0740 and x079E, I have sporadic pixelation/video freeze on WHDVR from other HR24-100's on my SWiM-32 setup when I play programs from my HR34.

One smaller issue I have seen is remote/receiver response has slower response time navigating through the menu's than in the past. I have had x07E5 for several days now and did the double RBR to flush everything out already.

I stress again, this release should be a significant improvement for HR34 Genie users like me.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
  • lgb0250 and Weaselboy like this

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#3 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Last update had me using "Native On" for the first time ever. Switching between SD and HD channels had picture pulsing on and off when I used "Off". And just about as slow as "On".

Rec'd new version yesterday and just tried returning to "Off" - not worth it. Time spent with Samsung so-called SMART TV handling the adjustments takes just as long with some new artifacts/distortions during adjustment.

Prior to last 2 versions, never had this happen. And, not so incidentally, the use of "On" is not bothering me at all.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

Edited by Ed Campbell, 29 January 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   aldiesel

aldiesel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

After the update all channels were black and no audio.  I had to do a menu reset to get the channels back.  I lost some recordings because I did not get home in time to se the issue and correct it. Hopefully, this update will correct the freezing issues.

#5 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

Have been trying to force download the update since yesterday but I keep getting unable to download software error - I think the RID is verified before the update happens because it seems to be taking a lot longer for the unable to download error to appear

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,887 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

Have been trying to force download the update since yesterday but I keep getting unable to download software error - I think the RID is verified before the update happens because it seems to be taking a lot longer for the unable to download error to appear

If your receiver is not authorized to get an update it won't get it.  however, at the very least it should be getting the same copy.  Also keep in mind that some updates for some receivers are not on the stream 24/7

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   aldiesel

aldiesel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

Trick play is freezing during rewind, fast forward, and thirty second skip for about ten seconds.  After that, both audio and video pick up normally.

#8 OFFLINE   kram

kram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 537 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

Still haven't gotten this release in Denver. How long does it usually take for a national roll-out to complete? Anyone else in Denver metro get it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

5-LNB SlimLine w/SWM16 // HR44-700 w/Samsung UN40ES6100 // HR24-200 w/Sony KDL-46XBR9 // HR23-700 w/Samsung UN32D4000 // Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH A/V Receiver // Sony Blu-ray BDP-S3100 // DirecTV since 2000

#9 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 674 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

My hr34 says 0x7e5. A search didn't find this thread.  Isn't 0x07E5 a typo?

Genie is still messed up.

#10 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,887 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Still haven't gotten this release in Denver. How long does it usually take for a national roll-out to complete? Anyone else in Denver metro get it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

it can take a couple of weeks

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#11 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,835 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

My hr34 says 0x7e5. A search didn't find this thread. Isn't 0x07E5 a typo?
Genie is still messed up.

Can you expand on still messed up?

#12 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 674 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

There are a couple of threads going that cover it, but I can't quote or copy and paste here lately (ie 11?).

When coming out of playing a recorded show the live video is corrupted. Not every time, but sometimes.

And when playing a recording the audio is fine, but the video freezes. Again just sometimes. The mods

here started a report to directv thread about the first problem. It may be a heat problem so I quit stacking

a dvr on top of the genie. Hard not to stack when you have 8 boxes on 1 tv. Genie internal temp said 120 degrees.

That was normal when I had seven hr20's. Now I have seven hr24's and they are much cooler and faster.

Haven't really paid attention to normal internal temps since all hardware got upgraded. Just noticed several

users are having exact same problem. Recently my windows 7 home got corrupted and had to restore. Ever

since then this website doesn't work right either. What's up with that? Avsforum.com works fine. That's my

main 2 hangouts on the internet.

Ever since I could share playlists with all 8 dvr's I set up most of my series links on hr24's and reserve hr34 for

last minute/one time recordings and use genie 100% for playback. The video problems started a few weeks ago

and the new firmware didn't fix it.

#13 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hr44/700
20140203-26DE

Skip to Tick feature has a confusing 3-4 second lag that prevents the user from comprehending where the tracking actually is, compared to where the tracking display bar is. This issue has existed in the past 3 or so upgrades.

The call waiting ghost calls persist, displaying sporadic Caller Unavailible.displays that interrupt both TV watching and any interaction the user might be having with the Genie or the remote. Reproducible ever time the phone line is in use.

Audio delay of about 3 seconds when using Pip or Doubleplay and switching to a buffered tuner.

#14 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

I got this update a few days ago. I am using the AM21 with an HR44 and still have the issues people have previously reported.  Watching some OTA stations, the picture and audio disappear when the program changes.  You have to change channels up or down to get it to come back on.

Now, though, I have an even worse problem. At least in the past you could record something even o n those channels and expect to get the full recording.  Now, and so far it seems only on the two FOX stations I get, a minute or two into a recording the recording will stop.  It shows the orange bar as a full recording, but you can't go by this point. There is no "delete/don't delete" message, but the recording can't be accessed and deleting is the only option.  This happens with every recording. Luckily, I have an HR20 in the same room, and I use that for all recordings on FOX.

SMK

#15 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

I received this push Monday night on my new HR44. I lost Pandora and You Tube and the shows you might like listings. I did a menu reset this morning but still the same. Internet connection shows fine along with TV Apps. 

#16 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

I received this push Monday night on my new HR44. I lost Pandora and You Tube and the shows you might like listings. I did a menu reset this morning but still the same. Internet connection shows fine along with TV Apps. 

If you've already waited 36-48 hours, then what you need to try is TWO resets within a 30 minute period.  That flushes the Guide and more.  Then you need to wait another 36-48 hours to get back to normal.   You can expect to lose many of your posters and some other data during that period, but your Scheduled Recording should work the whole time. 

• Phil T likes this

#17 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,777 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

My HR44-200 received 0x7e5 thirty six hours ago. My DirecTV/Genie Recommends, TV Shows, and Movies are still reloading. YouTube, Pandora, Sports, and Allow Web Videos are still missing. Looks like I'm doing a double reset tomorrow morning.  :mad:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#18 OFFLINE   SoCalWJS

SoCalWJS

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

This software was pushed to me on the 4th (HR 34-700) and I didn't notice it and no significant problems since then.

This morning if I hit pause, it completely freezes up on the channel - FF, REW, play - nothing works. I have to change channels to get it to work, then come back. We pause live TV all the time, so this will be a PIA until resolved. I'll try a menu reset in a bit, then an RBR later if that doesn't work.

Strange - anybody else getting anything similar?

#19 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

If you've already waited 36-48 hours, then what you need to try is TWO resets within a 30 minute period.  That flushes the Guide and more.  Then you need to wait another 36-48 hours to get back to normal.   You can expect to lose many of your posters and some other data during that period, but your Scheduled Recording should work the whole time. 

I did the double reset yesterday and this morning everything is back to normal in less the 24 hours. It was strange that after 36 hours after the push things were still missing. So far no other issues.

#20 OFFLINE   mcampers

mcampers

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:28 AM

Received this on the 4th; HR44/700. I am getting constant freezing since the update (like every five minutes) which then goes to blank screen on live TV; hitting previous channel will restore picture, but clears the buffer. I have checked signal strength, and all is good. Numerous 771-signal loss on sat 1/2 errors, that clear after a couple seconds. All cables are tight and in good shape. I had zero issues before this update.

Recordings playback pixelated, freezing occasionally, but nowhere near as bad as the live tv issues. Have tried numerous resets, ( both guide, and RBR) ran all smart tests, all internal hard drive tests, etc. and all passed. Forced reinstall of software (I think anyway, I reset and input 02468, and it went through the updating process). No calls to support yet, but will on Monday if it doesn't improve, because it virtually unwatchable right now.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...