Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie 0x07E5, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

Well, that certainly sounds like a flush! But doesn't the Guide start rebuilding almost immediately, going out a few hours, then a day, then.....? And what DVR?

HR 34. It does start rebuilding but takes quite a while before everything is back. I've noticed this now through several updates. It surprised me because I had never seen that behavior on long ago software. But one of the updates, I have no idea which one, caused this to essentially flush with one menu restart.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,003 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Yes, that has been reported; not that unusual, but head scratching when you first encounter it. 

All is well now? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#83 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 164 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Three times last night I had a "live" recording totally freeze up on playback forcing me to back out and restart. We usually watch "The Walking Dead" and "The Talking Dead" with a slight delay to avoid some of the commercials. I ran out of buffer during the Talking Dead and ended up live before the end of the first half hour. If I continued to watch the "live" feed, it would freeze up every 5 or so minutes. I finally left about 2 minutes ahead of me in the buffer and was able to complete watching the program without any further problems. What a PITA.

Really starting to think about switching back to the CableCo. At least the basic functionality on those boxes works.

If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#84 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,003 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Do you get different results if you record a program? 

What unit have you? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#85 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 164 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Do you get different results if you record a program? 

What unit have you? 

These were recorded. I have both set up as series recordings and start them 15-20 minutes into the show. I've had issues with live TV doing the same thing (freezing - required a pause/unpause to fix), so I assume it's all related.

HR34.

If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#86 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

HR 34. It does start rebuilding but takes quite a while before everything is back. I've noticed this now through several updates. It surprised me because I had never seen that behavior on long ago software. But one of the updates, I have no idea which one, caused this to essentially flush with one menu restart.

This is consistent behavior on my HR 34, one restart flushes the guide no double boot required. Has been that way for a long time now.

#87 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

I've posted this as a separate topic as well because I don't believe it's software related but just in case I'm putting it here as well. This issue is very confusing. Several of the new shows on NBC, specifically Growing Up Fisher, Believe, and About A Boy, are having frequent but intermittent episodes of breakup and freezing. Sometimes it looks like the picture is "rubber banding" - moving forward, bouncing back with a pixellated picture and breakup of audio.

I watch NBC in Baltimore, MD. on WBAL channel 11. I've contacted the station as well as submitted a report to Directv. As far as I can tell the issue is only happening on those specific shows on NBC. I'm not seeing this on any other network or on any other shows so I don't think this is specific to my equipment, an HR 34 with 0x7e5. I don't know if this an issue with the local station or with Directv. One week the episodes were broadcast without issue but every other week the issue has persisted. I generally watch these shows the next day by the recordings, so that's when I see the issue which occurs several times during the recording but does not prevent watching the episode, I just fast forward past that segment.

One week, to check if this was occurring during the broadcasts as well as the recording, I watched those shows live and checked the recordings. I did not see the issue on either that week. But it's persisted since. Again I'm only seeing it happen during those specific shows and only on NBC. Is anyone else seeing something similar?

#88 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

I've posted this as a separate topic as well because I don't believe it's software related but just in case I'm putting it here as well. This issue is very confusing. Several of the new shows on NBC, specifically Growing Up Fisher, Believe, and About A Boy, are having frequent but intermittent episodes of breakup and freezing. Sometimes it looks like the picture is "rubber banding" - moving forward, bouncing back with a pixellated picture and breakup of audio.

I watch NBC in Baltimore, MD. on WBAL channel 11. I've contacted the station as well as submitted a report to Directv. As far as I can tell the issue is only happening on those specific shows on NBC. I'm not seeing this on any other network or on any other shows so I don't think this is specific to my equipment, an HR 34 with 0x7e5. I don't know if this an issue with the local station or with Directv. One week the episodes were broadcast without issue but every other week the issue has persisted. I generally watch these shows the next day by the recordings, so that's when I see the issue which occurs several times during the recording but does not prevent watching the episode, I just fast forward past that segment.

One week, to check if this was occurring during the broadcasts as well as the recording, I watched those shows live and checked the recordings. I did not see the issue on either that week. But it's persisted since. Again I'm only seeing it happen during those specific shows and only on NBC. Is anyone else seeing something similar?

younrunning an HR34?

#89 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

yes, as I wrote HR 34. The issue has been only with those specific programs. One has even had its time slot changed to a different day but the issue is still there. So it's not even time dependent just 3 particular shows on one network. All their other programs display and record without any issues. The programs are watchable I just ff past the problem segment s when they occur.

Edited by pappasbike, 19 March 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#90 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:23 AM

Was watching latest episode of Justified on HR34 last night.  Show was 1:15 min long.  At 1:05, recording stopped and keep/delete message appeared.

HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#91 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

yes, as I wrote HR 34. The issue has been only with those specific programs. One has even had its time slot changed to a different day but the issue is still there. So it's not even time dependent just 3 particular shows on one network. All their other programs display and record without any issues. The programs are watchable I just ff past the problem segment s when they occur.

As has been noted in other threads and such, it's seemingly a bizarre issue with some NBC shows in some markets. Only fix I have heard of is getting a hr44. I'd call and complain till you did at this point.

#92 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

Was watching latest episode of Justified on HR34 last night. Show was 1:15 min long. At 1:05, recording stopped and keep/delete message appeared.

Yeah I think there was a weird guide data issue. My mom called me and had the same issue. Luckily its re aired plenty so she just recorded it another night.

#93 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

As has been noted in other threads and such, it's seemingly a bizarre issue with some NBC shows in some markets. Only fix I have heard of is getting a hr44. I'd call and complain till you did at this point.

I'm updating this issue. As I suspected I believe this was software related. Since my 34 received the 808 software the problem NBC shows are recording and playing back without issue. No 44 needed. So for me 808 solved this or DTV finally got their act together.

spam firewall