Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wishing for a wireless synchronized viewing on 2nd TV with its own Hopper or Joey from 1st Hopper during Super Bowl party

synchronized viewing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GregNico

GregNico

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Wishing for a wireless synchronized viewing on 2nd TV with its own Hopper or Joey from 1st Hopper during Super Bowl party. I love DVR use and want both rooms to be synchronized so when the master DVR is paused both rooms pause so nothing is spoiled during the party?We end up hardwiring a duplicated HDMI or RBG cable but sure would be nice if the technology allowed it straight from the box??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,703 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

I thought you could do this with a Hopper and Joey.  I don't have one to test with... but...

Can't you tune the Hopper to the channel you want to watch (in this case FOX for football)... then go to the other room and turn on the Joey, link to that Hopper, and then join the same in-use tuner that the Hopper is watching FOX.

I thought if you did that, then pausing in one room paused the other... because you were watching the same tuner.  Have you tried that?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

You just select the same tuner from the TV activity page and then choose Join from the options that appear.

#4 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Yes you can do that but I believe the Joey will lag behind the Hopper so the two will not be in sync.

Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#5 OFFLINE   GregNico

GregNico

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

You can choose to join in on any of the sessions but it then becomes your own to control and pause and fast forward with no effect on the original or any other session. I have 2 hoopers with sling and 2 joeys and can use the dishanywhere.com app; but no solution with normal setups. It will require to physically connect  2 tvs to one Hopper. That is why I said wish list..Maybe someone From Dish will see this and add in future?? 

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,703 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Joining playback of a previously recorded event or joining PTAT which is a recording in progress is different than joining a live tuner.  I just wanted to be sure you've definitely tried that... as I was pretty sure you could use a Joey to join a live TV tuner on a Hopper and have both be in synch and both react to the same pausing.  I thought Dish even touted this as a feature at one point unless I'm mistaken.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...