Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Not getting a channel that is in my package..DIRT???

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brant

brant

Icon

• Registered
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

I'm having problems with the Science channel. 

It started to give a message that says "not authorized". 

The first couple of times, I unplugged the receiver as directed by the on-screen message, and it came back. 

Now it won't work at all. I checked dish.com/mychannels to verify that it is in my package. 

are the DIRT members still here??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,460 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

You can always PM one from the sticky-list in this forum, otherwise you'll have to wait for one to find this thread.

I have seen authorization issues like that on my 922, though, and have had to reboot it (or unplug it sometimes) to get it working again.

• brant likes this

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 911 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Are you still having issues with the Science Channel?  Is this the only receiver you have?  Please let me know so I can assist you further.  Thanks.

The first couple of times, I unplugged the receiver as directed by the on-screen message, and it came back. 

Now it won't work at all. I checked dish.com/mychannels to verify that it is in my package. 

#4 OFFLINE   brant

brant

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 750 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

I have two 211's and one 222. . . .

Just went and checked the other receivers; they have the same issue. 

I have AT120 package. . . . I used to receive this channel w/o issues and according to the dish website, I should still be getting it. Was there a change made that hasn't been updated on the website?

#5 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,214 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Please post solutions/outcomes in this thread so that we all may benefit. Thank you.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#6 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

On the Dish site, I see Science listed in AT200 but not AT120.

#7 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

Science channel is not in the Top120. Perhaps you had it during a freeview. However you had it, isn't in the Top120. Wondering where you see that it is?

#8 OFFLINE   brant

brant

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

If you go to dish.com/mychannels, (as i was directed to by the on-screen message) select your package (AT120) and zip, the science channel shows up. However, i just noticed several other channels that are not in my package appearing in that list. So it appears that selecting your package is pointless; its just showing a guide listing for every channel they have. 

Soooo...... maybe you should fix that dish. 

#9 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,343 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

It looks like they are sending people to Zap2It for TV listings (all DISH channels plus locals).

For programs in packages try the Download print-friendly Channel Lineup Cards link on that page.
  • brant likes this
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#10 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 127 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

I have two 211's and one 222. . . .

Just went and checked the other receivers; they have the same issue. 

I have AT120 package. . . . I used to receive this channel w/o issues and according to the dish website, I should still be getting it. Was there a change made that hasn't been updated on the website?

If you go to dish.com/mychannels, (as i was directed to by the on-screen message) select your package (AT120) and zip, the science channel shows up. However, i just noticed several other channels that are not in my package appearing in that list. So it appears that selecting your package is pointless; its just showing a guide listing for every channel they have. 

Soooo...... maybe you should fix that dish. 

Edit: I checked on my side just now, and am not showing Science channel listed in the Top 120 package online. Can you send me a link or screenshot so I can check this out further? -End edit- I checked James' link and was able to confirm the Top 120 package is listed everything correctly, so that link should be good to reference or print out. Let me know if you notice anything wrong. If you had it before that, or had it for awhile after, it's possible that the de-authorization took some time to fully process, and once our system reviewed the account it automatically de-authorized it.

Science channel is not in the Top120. Perhaps you had it during a freeview. However you had it, isn't in the Top120. Wondering where you see that it is?

On the Dish site, I see Science listed in AT200 but not AT120.

You are correct that it is in the Top 200 and not 120. The last time I am showing it a free preview was from 11/07/13 to 12/03/13.

Edited by TommyF@DISH Network, 26 January 2014 - 08:54 AM.

Tommy Faust
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Wednesday 6:00a-5:00p (MST)

#11 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,343 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

The problem on the dish.com/mychannels link is that the selection of package at the top is irrelevant. One can select MultiSport and still get the full list of DISH channels for the zip code. I believe the zip code helps for the local channels (although I have Zap2It set up to put my favorites at the top so it may be remembering my zip code from that setup).

The inference from allowing a package to be selected is that the channel listing will be narrowed to the package. But the Zap2It results are the full channel list.

BTW: There are some channel numbering issues on the PDF as well - but I do not believe there are any tier placement issues. I noticed that HRTV (398) and TVGAM (399) are still listed as 404 and 405 on the PDF. Esquire is listed at 115 instead of 191 on the PDF. The PDF is dated 110613 so there are likely other errors for recent channel moves.
  • brant likes this
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#12 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

We in Puerto Rico have "not authorized" everywhere in the guide without the fact that due to our location we only have access and coverage to 110/119 and as a result we miss a third of HD programming .  That does not mean that our bill is less since I pay 199.00/month.  The only sat we had an EXCELLENT signal but DISH did not like the idea was 61.5.   But I heard there are positive changes coming in 2025 :hurah:   

#13 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 127 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

The problem on the dish.com/mychannels link is that the selection of package at the top is irrelevant. One can select MultiSport and still get the full list of DISH channels for the zip code. I believe the zip code helps for the local channels (although I have Zap2It set up to put my favorites at the top so it may be remembering my zip code from that setup).

The inference from allowing a package to be selected is that the channel listing will be narrowed to the package. But the Zap2It results are the full channel list.

BTW: There are some channel numbering issues on the PDF as well - but I do not believe there are any tier placement issues. I noticed that HRTV (398) and TVGAM (399) are still listed as 404 and 405 on the PDF. Esquire is listed at 115 instead of 191 on the PDF. The PDF is dated 110613 so there are likely other errors for recent channel moves.

I do see what you mean on the zap2it link. Sorry if I misunderstood the concern regarding where the channels were appearing incorrectly. I will see about getting that sent along, and I have passed it forward regarding the channel lineup card having some outdated channel numbers.

Edited by TommyF@DISH Network, 26 January 2014 - 02:44 PM.

• brant likes this

Tommy Faust
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Wednesday 6:00a-5:00p (MST)

#14 OFFLINE   brant

brant

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

ah you got it now Tommy!!!

i'm assuming i was watching i previously on freeview period without realizing such. 

#15 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,343 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

We in Puerto Rico have "not authorized" everywhere in the guide without the fact that due to our location we only have access and coverage to 110/119 and as a result we miss a third of HD programming .  That does not mean that our bill is less since I pay 199.00/month.  The only sat we had an EXCELLENT signal but DISH did not like the idea was 61.5.   But I heard there are positive changes coming in 2025 :hurah:

Odd ... the "not authorized" channels should be the mainland channels that you physically can't receive. Or at least that you receive via other channels. For example, 9431 USA would show up as "not authorized" but one of the PR specific channels should be available and map down to 105. And those channels should be together in the 9400s/9500s ... not "everywhere in the guide".

There are plenty of channels that require subscription ... such as the DISH Latino channels. But those "not authorized" channels are seen in the guides of all non-subscribers - including those of us in the rest of the US.

Do you have something odd in your switch setup? A listing for 72 or 129 left over from when the signal at those locations reached Puerto Rico? 61.5 is mostly SD duplicates of what you already get from 110 or 119 (the five potential spotbeams for PR are not in use). You should not have 72 or 129 in your switch matrix - if you do that may be the source of your "not authorized" problem.

spam firewall