Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Returning Dish Equipment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PhantomOG

PhantomOG

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

I cancelled my Dish service and was told I would need to send back the Hopper and Joey and remotes.  When I got the return shipping box, it actually lists the node and LNBF (looks like the thing that sits directly opposite of the actual Dish on the roof).  

Do I really need to climb up on the roof and retrieve these items??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Call 800-333-3474 and ask if they want the liability for you climbing on the roof?

#3 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Call them and say you can't get to the LNBF. They'll waive it.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

This is one requirement I never understood. I have never heard of an issue with it being waived, but why do they even ask?

#5 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Because some people will make the effort to return the equipment.  If it has been exposed to the weather it will look like used equipment so I question it's usability.

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Ok, I get that some would return it, I just don't know why Dish actually wants it. They might as well ask for the dish itself (minus mounting plate). If someone needs an LNB replaced, do they just send you one in a box for self install unless the customer requests a truck roll?

spam firewall