Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

STO Fox Sports Time Ohio, pulled (dispute) - and restored

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 645 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

This channel is no longer available, contract negotiations the apparent reason.  Hope to see this channel back but knowing Dish's track record w/ Sports channels, not much hope on this one.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,685 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

The slate on the channel suggests visiting http://www.DISHSportsValue.com/

"SportsTime Ohio is demanding an unreasonable rate increase to carry this channel. We are working around the clock to reach a fair and reasonable agreement with SportsTime Ohio."

I do not see a mention of the outage on the SportsTime Ohio website:
http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,028 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

What teams are carried on the channel?

#4 OFFLINE   chucksim1

chucksim1

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

The major draw for this channel is the Cleveland Indians.  This could at least drag out until close to opening day.

#5 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 679 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Lets hope not.

Another channel lost, yet there are more shopping and "Info" channels popping up.

An extra 5$ this year for what?

chris

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,030 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Lets hope not.

Another channel lost, yet there are more shopping and "Info" channels popping up.

An extra 5$ this year for what?

Don't mix apples and oranges.  Shopping and Info channels are paying to be there.

I don't like price increases either... but everyone demands their favorite channel not get dropped during disputes, then gets surprised when the bills go up the next February.  We go up $5 because channels you didn't want Dish to drop weren't dropped... and because everyone who works there want raises too.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

#7 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

Could be interesting if you're an avid Indians fan who like shows about the Coast Guard and gold prospecting and live where you can't get cable.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#8 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

What's odd about this dispute is that there is no current major league games scheduled on this RSN until baseball's opening day.  Last year this channel was bought out by Fox Sports who operates FSN Ohio which is still on the air on E* carrying The Cav's games as usual.  Before STO, both the Indians and Cavs were on FSN Ohio.  Now that STO is under the FSN Ohio you would think that both RSN's would be together in the dispute (not that I'm wishing it).  This came out of the blue and I bet few will notice it unless it drags out until opening day.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#9 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

What teams are carried on the channel?

The Cleveland Indians are the only pro sports team on the RSN.  The team used to own the network until last year.

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,685 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

The cont

Now that STO is under the FSN Ohio you would think that both RSN's would be together in the dispute (not that I'm wishing it).  This came out of the blue and I bet few will notice it unless it drags out until opening day.

The contract could be extended until FSN Ohio expires ... but it expired now. And terms to continue have not been agreed.
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#11 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Isn't the rsn's figured into the bill? Seems I saw that when someone posted channel costs during the AMC dispute.

So, If I lose Ohio, and gain more shopping channels, I should be OK with that?

Just cause shopping and info pay to be there doesn't make me warm and fuzzy.

By the way, what channels were going to be dropped causing the increase? I haven't been paying real close attention, I'm afraid.

chris

#12 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,685 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

All channel costs are figured into the bill. But with programming costs for DISH increasing every year I would not expect to see customer bills reduced.

#13 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

They never are, James.

OK, not the end of the world, but it just seems when you lose one, [channel] it shouldn't stay empty or worse, be replaced with a info channel about  useless products. [ No, I don't need more hair]

I see more and more channels reverting to old shows [not all bad, Miami vice and Magnum pi still quite watchable] which is still better than the jewelry channel [ really? anyone tell these people we are in a recession?]  or countless others hawking stuff 99% of us would never buy? [ need to save money for the next increase anyway, :bang

Edited by satcrazy, 30 January 2014 - 11:16 PM.

chris

#14 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

Yes, once the Indians start playing this is going to get a lot more publicity.

During football season I watch this channel for some HS games and for Browns coverage.

A few more disputes like this and a few more rate hikes and I just might get pushed to the point of going to TV via my own hardware and OTA/internet.  If it wasn't for live HD sports I might have done so already.

Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

#15 ONLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

I still have my huge outdoor antenna, more outrageous increases and it will go up on the roof, like some of us sports is what's keeping me from doing that.

• dish556 likes this
Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 Deactivated
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#16 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

first this then WWE PPV great job dish. be the bigger company and settle if they don't take the best and final then pull the station fair for all.

#17 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Do not settle please. That's how our bills got to where they are now. Everyone settled, settled meaning we pay more.

#18 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

We are always paying more, even dish says they are victorious are on a settlement. My bill went from 100 to 152 dollars, in the last 10 years. With minimum wage at from 7.75 to 10, its going to cost even more next year.

• dish556 likes this

#19 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:53 AM

We are always paying more, even dish says they are victorious are on a settlement. My bill went from 100 to 152 dollars, in the last 10 years. With minimum wage at from 7.75 to 10, its going to cost even more next year.

#20 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Do not settle please. That's how our bills got to where they are now. Everyone settled, settled meaning we pay more.

I take it you are not a sports fan (or at least not a Cleveland Indians fan). 

What E* should do is make a sports free tier for those who want a cheaper bill.

• satcrazy likes this

spam firewall