Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

STO Fox Sports Time Ohio, pulled (dispute) - and restored

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,306 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

What E* should do is make a sports free tier for those who want a cheaper bill.

The sports channels are too smart to agree to that deal. They make more money charging for people who don't want to watch than they would charging only those who wanted their specific channel or genre.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

The Indians may be very good this season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using DBSTalk mobile app

#23 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 811 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Do not settle please. That's how our bills got to where they are now. Everyone settled, settled meaning we pay more.

Tampa8

How many tampa customers would be happy if their feed was cut off?

If Fox bought this station, and dish carries Fox sports, why is this even an issue? This is Fox wanting even more money for one channel? Fox should grandfather this in, greedy sons of *****s

chris

#24 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

I just posted a comment on the E* comments board.  It's just one month until opening day.  Please resolve this dispute before then!

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#25 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, how much is enough for these stations? Not happy with my bill as of late...

And MLB is coming soon. I really don't want to pay nearly $150/month and not get to see the Indians play.  And I don't want to pay $200/month (in the next few years I'm sure) in order to be able to see them play.

If the industry keeps this up it may price out many potential customers. I have several coworkers that won't pay for satellite or cable. People that make really good money.

I wouldn't mind seeing this stuff reach critical mass.

• satcrazy likes this
Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

#26 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Tampa8

How many tampa customers would be happy if their feed was cut off?

If Fox bought this station, and dish carries Fox sports, why is this even an issue? This is Fox wanting even more money for one channel? Fox should grandfather this in, greedy sons of *****s

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=g_wc9JvTXGc

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rBsvuoQMmuo

Hey Cleveland fans:

just a bit outside

Edited by dish556, 09 March 2014 - 10:04 AM.

#27 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

LMAO.

Haven't seen this in awhile.

chris

#28 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

LMAO.

Haven't seen this in awhile.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qqAi1KjPRqU

LMAO

#29 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

Opening day is just a few days away.  Please, please STO & Dish play nice and PLAY BALL!

#30 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

No doubt, Michael. Honestly, the only things keeping me with Dish right now are the recordings on my DVRs and EHD.  Don't want to lose those.

But if this continues into the summer, when the reruns are going, I may consider another option.  Switching will be difficult, but with free installation and the cheap introductory rates I may have to do it.

• dish556 likes this
Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

#31 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Did anyone else see the message E* is placing on the STO channel?  E* claims that STO wants E* to pay for the time we did not receive the channel! 

I also noticed that last night's rained out game was supposed to be carried on MLB Network. MLB Net was blacked out, even during the time before the start of the game when the Yankees were still on.

I wonder what will happen for opening day?  The game is being carried on WKYC.  Surely they can't blackout a local station's feed.   I wonder if there are other OTA stations carrying opening day in Indians territory?  

Edited by Michael P, 02 April 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#32 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,261 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

The RSN can't block out games they aren't carrying.

#33 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

The RSN can't block out games they aren't carrying.

Actually this has happened in the past.  Back in IIRC '03 when Fox Sports had the Indians before the days of STO and after half the broadcast games were removed from a local OTA station, an Indians at White Sox game was blacked out on WGN during a carriage dispute.

Additionally this game is carried on STO.  The STO feed is used by WKYC and other OTA stations in the Indians territory.  At least I can get WKYC with an antenna, however I bet if they did try blocking WKYC during the game that there would be ramifications.

Edited by Michael P, 02 April 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#34 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

And STO is back on Dish per the twitter feed of WEWS channel 5

Sent from Raider Nation using my Moto X

Edited by DCSholtis, 04 April 2014 - 02:47 PM.

Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#35 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

And STO is back on Dish per the twitter feed of WEWS channel 5

Sent from Raider Nation using my Moto X

Yep.  I'm happy, but I'm sure it will be taken into consideration the next time rates are increased.

Time Warner Roadrunner

#36 OFFLINE   DaveM

DaveM

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Yep.  I'm happy, but I'm sure it will be taken into consideration the next time rates are increased.

I'm happy, too (just got the e-mail).

Now...if the Tribe can actually rack up a few hits today...lol.

#37 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

Tribe wins 7-2!  Watched game on WKYC and found the restored STO in time for the post game.  Wahoo!

#38 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'm happy (!) for fans of the Tribe. I grew up near Akron, Ohio. Now, let's get ALL the Braves games back on FOXS and SPSOU. If they don't, I've always got MLB Strike Zone and MLB Tonight to keep me up to date on what's happening for the Braves games that Fox blacks out in the Atlanta DMA (weekends mostly) and seems to think E* should pay extra for.

#39 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'm happy (!) for fans of the Tribe. I grew up near Akron, Ohio. Now, let's get ALL the Braves games back on FOXS and SPSOU. If they don't, I've always got MLB Strike Zone and MLB Tonight to keep me up to date on what's happening for the Braves games that Fox blacks out in the Atlanta DMA (weekends mostly) and seems to think E* should pay extra for.

Sounds like what FS Ohio did to Dish in '03 (see my post above).  In that case they actually had a different version of FSO for E* than what was running on the local cable and D*.  Only 1/2 the Indians games showed up, on days when a game beig played was not aired on E* we got "The Best Damn Sports Show..."  in place of the game.

#40 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 811 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

question:

Why this particular RSN? Contract renewal? Does that mean every RSN up for renewal will put viewers through this?

With their bigger channels [FOX] isn't singling out one RSN Greedy beyond words?

chris

Protected By... spam firewall...And...