Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Blockbuster

via Roku

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

I have ordered a Roku LT for streaming. I get the Blockbuster package with Dish, which I will continue to keep. Will I beable to stream Blockbuster with the Roku for free, since I have Blockbuster through Dish? It will be much easier than watching Blockbuster on the computer since I do not have a TV with an HDMI connection. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

I could while I had the Blockbuster package using a Roku.

#3 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Last time I tried it wouldn't work. Unless it changed, blockbuster thru the roku is different than blockbuster thru dish network.

#4 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 215 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Thanks. That is interesting, as Blockbuster I believe is now owned by Dish, if I remember correctly.

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:26 AM

Thanks. That is interesting, as Blockbuster I believe is now owned by Dish, if I remember correctly.

You remember correctly, but the DISH presentation of Blockbuster includes live linear channels available via the DISH satellite service (channels that used to be sold as HD Platinum). The downloadable/streaming content in that service is available on DISH receivers.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 726 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

If Roku doesn't work, what was the point of passing them out when we lost AMC?

chris

#7 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 215 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

How about the rest of the streaming services like that require a "cable" subscription, if we have them with Dish, does that mean they will work with Roku for free?

#8 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

HBO Go works.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#9 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

HBO go works as does epix.  They gave out the rokus and i believe a 6 or 7 dollar a month credit so you could see the missing amc shows on hulu plus.or amazon.

spam firewall