Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BPL games on yesterday and today?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   awalt

awalt

Legend

• Registered
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

I am still getting used to the new lineup, with BPL games on multiple channels...were the midweek games of yesterday and today all on somewhere? I believe I only saw Liverpool-Everton on 220.

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Chelsea vs West Ham United on now on 491.
Sunderland vs Stoke City 492.
Aston Villa vs West Bromwich Albion on 493.
  • awalt likes this

#3 OFFLINE   awalt

awalt

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Doh! Forgot about the 490s. I was checking in the 700s. Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 397 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

For some reason, people think my idea of having all the sports channels together is a bad one. I bet most customers have no idea there is free soccer and rugby in the 479 to 495 range. The scattering of sports channels throughout the system is just illogical! Who cares if it's Spanish or English, put all the sports channels together!!!

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#5 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Use the search function for niche sports.

#6 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 397 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Or group the channels together because the search function is quite slow...

#7 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

It's kind of hard to group them together in the 700s considering the EPL, UEFA and Rugby seasons overlap the other sports used in the 700s. EPL is from August - May, Rugby is year round with various tournaments in both hemispheres, UEFA is usually Fall-May.

700-718 NFL from August - January
700-705 various Golf and Tennis tournaments during the year
719-749 MLB Extra Innings from April - October
720-727 ESPN Full Court from November - March
750-768 NBA League Pass from October - April
769-784 NHL Center Ice from October - April
785-787 NCAA PPV from August - December on Saturdays
788-794 ESPN Game Plan from August - December
795-799 used to be NASCAR Hot Pass which was discontinued last year.

MLS Direct Kick which operates from March-December used to be in the 700s range too, but it got moved to the 400s after they started providing both home and away feeds for MLB, NBA and NHL requiring more channel slots. Since UEFA (9 channels), Rugby (2 channels), and EPL (Currlently 5 channels with the potential to expand to 8) overlap the other sports as well they put them in the 400s near MLS where they target a similar audience since there's no room in the 700s to give them dedicated channel slots for the entire season.

Edited by KyL416, 29 January 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 483 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

For soccer I use the sports guide to find EPL matches. They get spread out at times and that makes it easier.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

#9 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

It's kind of hard to group them together in the 700s considering the EPL, UEFA and Rugby seasons overlap the other sports used in the 700s. EPL is from August - May, Rugby is year round with various tournaments in both hemispheres, UEFA is usually Fall-May.

700-718 NFL from August - January
700-705 various Golf and Tennis tournaments during the year
719-749 MLB Extra Innings from April - October
720-727 ESPN Full Court from November - March
750-768 NBA League Pass from October - April
769-784 NHL Center Ice from October - April
785-787 NCAA PPV from August - December on Saturdays
788-794 ESPN Game Plan from August - December
795-799 used to be NASCAR Hot Pass which was discontinued last year.

MLS Direct Kick which operates from March-December used to be in the 700s range too, but it got moved to the 400s after they started providing both home and away feeds for MLB, NBA and NHL requiring more channel slots. Since UEFA (9 channels), Rugby (2 channels), and EPL (Currlently 5 channels with the potential to expand to 8) overlap the other sports as well they put them in the 400s near MLS where they target a similar audience since there's no room in the 700s to give them dedicated channel slots for the entire season.

This!

If you can't find the channel with all the TV  listings info out there from myriad of  sources that list such, just not much more to say.

May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#10 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

For some reason, people think my idea of having all the sports channels together is a bad one. I bet most customers have no idea there is free soccer and rugby in the 479 to 495 range. The scattering of sports channels throughout the system is just illogical! Who cares if it's Spanish or English, put all the sports channels together!!!

+1

#11 OFFLINE   richard1428

richard1428

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

How hard is to remember that soccer channels are in 470s 490s. Dont you have a GUIDE where you can scroll.

If you want all sports channel be together, why dont u create a favorite list with sports only

Edited by richard1428, 30 January 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#12 OFFLINE   AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS

• Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

How hard is to remember that soccer channels are in 470s 490s. Dont you have a GUIDE where you can scroll.

If you want all sports channel be together, why dont u create a favorite list with sports only

Yeah I made my own list for MLS which has ESPN1/2, NBCSN, Univision/Unimas, and the DK channels. I do wish one day DK would include both team's broadcasts as it's highly annoying to guess which one is used on a weekly basis. However for me the Revs fan it seems like DirecTV uses the CSN NE broadcast more often then not.

(Now hiding from any and all incoming "Brad Feldman is such a homer" comments)

Edited by AngryManMLS, 30 January 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 397 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

We can only make two lists...

Fanboys....

Why is it hard to accept that Directv is not perfect? There's no reason - NONE AT ALL - that they can't re-number the channels. You've been here since 199x or 2000. Who cares? Relearn a channel number. Its just stupid to have sports scattered all over the place. Even digital cable is re-organizing to have it all together. Directv would be even BETTER with a logical channel order. Yes, I have a guide. But the guide is very cluttered with only one-line of text. Yes, I know you've never seen it any other way, so that menas I am wrong and you are right. 

The HR34 Genie sucks and the guide is meh, but other than that Directv is great. Why not make it BETTER instead of accepting flaws?

#14 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

EJ here's the deal. Most cable companies the hd channels are a 4 digit number. At least channel 2 is channel 2 here etc.

Dish does allow about 4 custom favorites lists so the grass may be greener...

Fifty channels in a row all sports wouldn't be that much fun. Especially when some have almost no content.

And what about channels that only have sports once in a while with movies most of the time etc?

And the biggest hurdle is contracts with content providers stipulate what channel they must be on.

Directv can't just change everything around. There is no perfect channel order. This has been requested

many times over the years. What you want isn't going to happen. Ever. So we deal with it and just

appreciate all the sports available here. Pretty much all I watch. And I have 19 recordable tuners

connected to 1 tv. I record it all (almost). I do agree the hr34 isn't working right lately.

#15 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

We can only make two lists...

Fanboys....

Why is it hard to accept that Directv is not perfect? There's no reason - NONE AT ALL - that they can't re-number the channels. You've been here since 199x or 2000. Who cares? Relearn a channel number. Its just stupid to have sports scattered all over the place. Even digital cable is re-organizing to have it all together. Directv would be even BETTER with a logical channel order. Yes, I have a guide. But the guide is very cluttered with only one-line of text. Yes, I know you've never seen it any other way, so that menas I am wrong and you are right. 

The HR34 Genie sucks and the guide is meh, but other than that Directv is great. Why not make it BETTER instead of accepting flaws?

Far from a fanboy, and yes you are right D is not perfect.(Shocking I know)  

I can list several areas where D could and hopefully will improve. Yet to remain on thread topic a few musings.

Grouping all the sports channels together for the "lazy and  unknowing"doesn't even make the top 100 in hoped for improvements.

Edited by davidatl14, 31 January 2014 - 02:47 PM.

May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#16 OFFLINE   BuffaloTF

BuffaloTF

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I think putting the EPL in the 490s is fine. The Champions League has been in the 480s for a long time, and they moved MLS to the 470s. But it is very easy to miss when scrolling thru the guide. I totally go blank thru the 100s and 400s.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

#17 OFFLINE   richard1428

richard1428

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

just in case this becomes a confusion again. the EPL games that used to be on NBC Sports network will be moved to USA Network because of the olympics. 

Saturday, February 8:

Liverpool vs Arsenal, 7:45am, USA Network
Chelsea vs Newcastle, 10am, USA Network
Aston Villa vs West Ham, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Crystal Palace vs West Brom, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Norwich vs Man City, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Southampton vs Stoke, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Sunderland vs Hull City, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Swansea vs Cardiff, 12:30pm, NBC

Sunday, February 9:

Spurs vs Everton, 8:30am, USA Network
Manchester United vs Fulham, 11am, USA Network