Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

301 and 501 Remotes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DRJDAN

DRJDAN

Legend/Supporter

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 11:09 PM

I am a new dish user. Have a 301's and a 501. I notice that on the remotes on both type of receivers that I have to push the buttons on the remote firmly to make it operate.

When I push it sofly, the light flashes but the command does not reach the receiver. I can then push it softly again and the signal reaches the receiver.

Basically, one firm push works first push. But it takes two soft pushes to work. The Dish remotes run my Sony TV volume fine with a soft push. My Sony remotes work the TV with a soft push.

I have not used the Sony remote to control the Dish receiver.

Is this normal behavior for the Dish 301 and 501?

Does anyone know the code for the Dish 501 to use with the Sony programable remote?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 11:19 PM

Hmmm, if the light comes on it's sending the signal. Pushing it harder doesn't change the function at all. The only explaination I can come up with is that you have possessed remotes:) - I really don't know. Sounds like a problem with your remotes or receivers. Maybe someone else can come up with a better explaination

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,825 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 29 April 2002 - 12:55 AM

Try some fresh batteries.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#4 OFFLINE   DRJDAN

DRJDAN

Legend/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 01:20 AM

I have replaced the batteries. The remote changes the TV volumn with soft push, so I assume the batteries are ok.

spam firewall