Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Directv dropping INSP? Absolutely disgusting.....

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

Jag isn't on other channels.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

:sleeping:

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#43 OFFLINE   richall01

richall01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 300 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Can we now add UP in HD please?

+1

#44 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,936 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Jag isn't on other channels.

JAG is available for $13-$17 per season on DVD through Amazon, and the final season is $25. If you want the complete series, it's $164. It's also available on Amazon Prime.

Not sure on the other online services.

"In an effort to increase your cable and satellite bills beyond the point of affordability and to further pad the pockets of our executives..."
Check out my list of links.

#45 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Thanks, but I'm not interested in buying it. It was free on Insp. And I was really replying to the comment that all the shows were also on other channels.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#46 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

I see Up! is now mirrored on 364 (along with 338)

Yes but UP is not available to ALL PACKAGES like INSP was! (Just the higher paying ones)

This is a $$$$$$ issue,they tried to raise thier rates,I GUARANTEE IT!! (They must be very mad as I have sent 2 emails to INSP and they havent replied)

#47 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

JAG was rerun to death on USA for more than a decade.  Losing the 156th rerun of an episode is no loss.

#48 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,911 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:53 AM

It showed alot of the older shows (from when I was a kid), like Matlock, Little House, JAG (Which I watched. :(), The Waltons, etc.

so let me guess, you are about 60 years old.... !rolling

May I remind you that you're not getting younger. Should you make it to your sixties you may come to realize the truth in the sayings "Youth is wasted on the wrong people" and "One Man's candy can be another man's poison".

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#49 OFFLINE   PCampbell

PCampbell

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

I watch those programs and I am not 60 but hope to make it to 60 and beyond.

DirecTV since 1996

Slimline 5 SWM 16
HR24-100
HR24-500
HR24-500

HR44-500
ATT uverse internet

#50 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

May I remind you that you're not getting younger. Should you make it to your sixties you may come to realize the truth in the sayings "Youth is wasted on the wrong people" and "One Man's candy can be another man's poison".

you are right.  Hopefully no one got offended by my post, it was just a joke.  If anyone did, my apologies.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#51 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

you are right.  Hopefully no one got offended by my post, it was just a joke.  If anyone did, my apologies.

You young whippersnapper! LOL

#52 OFFLINE   bjdotson

bjdotson

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

You young whippersnapper! LOL

Whippersnappers must live a very dangerous life. I've only heard of young whippersnappers; never old ones.

• studechip likes this

#53 OFFLINE   susanandmark

susanandmark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

As a practical matter, I'm averse to losing any currently offered channel.

And, while I'm about the farthest thing from religious there is, I actually did, occasionally, watch this channel, now that it's gone  more general interest. Particularly at Christmas, where they had some interesting and unique holiday, family programming. (I'm a sucker for a Christmas special.)

So, while it's not something I'm gonna protest in the streets (far from it), it's also not something I'm happy to see as a longtime DirecTV customer. 

Also, a +1 from me for adding UP in HD ... Again, they're one of the core Christmas movie providers and seeing them in HD would be awesome.

• Supramom2000 likes this

#54 OFFLINE   bjdotson

bjdotson

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

as an aside (FYI)

Taken from phrases.org.uk

Meaning

A diminutive or insignificant person, especially a sprightly or impertinent youngster.

Origin

'Whipper snapper' is now a rather archaic term and, although you might hear it in black and white British films, those who are young and streetwise enough to actually be whipper snappers aren't likely to use it.

'Whipper snappers' were known by various names, all of them derived from the habit of young layabouts of hanging around snapping whips to pass the time. Originally these ne'er-do-wells were known simply, and without any great linguistic imagination, as 'whip snappers'. This term merged with an existing 17th century term for street rogues - 'snipper snappers', to become 'whipper snapper'. Christopher Marlowe mentions 'snipper snapper' in the 1604 edition of The Tragicall History of Doctor Faustus, when referring to a 'hey-pass', which is what street jugglers were known as in Marlowe's day.

But I'll seeke out my Doctor... O yonder is his snipper snapper... You, hey-pass, where's your master?

The meaning of 'whipper snapper' has altered over the years, originally referring to a young man with no apparent get up and go, to be applied to a youngster with an excess of both ambition and impudence.

#55 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

JAG was rerun to death on USA for more than a decade. Losing the 156th rerun of an episode is no loss.

In your opinion. Since that is what we are all expressing here.

My Setup

#56 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,911 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

JAG was rerun to death on USA for more than a decade.  Losing the 156th rerun of an episode is no loss.

Obviously there was a market for it.

• Supramom2000 likes this

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#57 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

As a practical matter, I'm averse to losing any currently offered channel.

And, while I'm about the farthest thing from religious there is, I actually did, occasionally, watch this channel, now that it's gone more general interest. Particularly at Christmas, where they had some interesting and unique holiday, family programming. (I'm a sucker for a Christmas special.)

So, while it's not something I'm gonna protest in the streets (far from it), it's also not something I'm happy to see as a longtime DirecTV customer.

Also, a +1 from me for adding UP in HD ... Again, they're one of the core Christmas movie providers and seeing them in HD would be awesome.

Totally agree. My daughter and I watched a lot of Christmas movies on that channel.

My Setup

#58 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

Looked like they were carrying more and more 'redundant' programming. And this is an industry wide problem, most channels are moving towards carrying pretty much the same stuff.  How many channels do we need carrying reruns?

Weird the channel survived the Bakkers, but the industry wide homogenization of content looks like it is doing them in. 

The Bakkers were rich with a theme park ETC.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#59 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Yes but UP is not available to ALL PACKAGES like INSP was! (Just the higher paying ones)

Ummm try again

Up! is in Family and Entertainment and above. It is not in Select (the old retention package). So if you really want to split hairs I guess you're right that one not publically offered package doesnt have it

Also Up is paid to be on Directv. INSP PAYS to be on providers. As a tradeoff of paying to be on a provder it is offered in all packages

• ClimateHawk likes this

#60 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

as an aside (FYI)

Taken from phrases.org.uk

Meaning

A diminutive or insignificant person, especially a sprightly or impertinent youngster.

Origin

'Whipper snapper' is now a rather archaic term and, although you might hear it in black and white British films, those who are young and streetwise enough to actually be whipper snappers aren't likely to use it.

'Whipper snappers' were known by various names, all of them derived from the habit of young layabouts of hanging around snapping whips to pass the time. Originally these ne'er-do-wells were known simply, and without any great linguistic imagination, as 'whip snappers'. This term merged with an existing 17th century term for street rogues - 'snipper snappers', to become 'whipper snapper'. Christopher Marlowe mentions 'snipper snapper' in the 1604 edition of The Tragicall History of Doctor Faustus, when referring to a 'hey-pass', which is what street jugglers were known as in Marlowe's day.

But I'll seeke out my Doctor... O yonder is his snipper snapper... You, hey-pass, where's your master?

The meaning of 'whipper snapper' has altered over the years, originally referring to a young man with no apparent get up and go, to be applied to a youngster with an excess of both ambition and impudence.

It was also used on TV in the U.S. in black and white. I'm 74 so I've heard it a lot in my lifetime. In this case I was using it as a joke in reply to another joke.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...