Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Stay away from macpalace.com!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,738 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

For those of you with Mac's looking for parts... Say away from macpalace.com!! I tried ordering a part from them which they advertise for $48 only to get a response claiming Apple is now asking $75 for the part. They told me if I still wanted the part I needed to send them the difference. I politely responded telling them no, that they could honor their advertised price or refund my money. Well, I got a refund.

Their site still has it for $48, not the $75 they claim.

They are scam artists!

Don't take this wrong, I am not taking up for them.

This is a possible similar situation about websites in general.

I am looking to buy a new riding lawn mower. If I go to the actual brand name of the mower ( 2 different manufacturers ) and look at what they have I can see all the current mowers and pricing. But not really.

On 2 different websites that are just resellers they have some models not shown on the manufacturer's web sites.

I sent emails to the manufacturer's web sites and ask them if they are up do date and why do these other web sites show new models not shown on their web site. Husqvarna acknowledged that their web site is out of date. Snapper said theirs was up to date. I questioned Snapper about the model number on the reseller's web site and asked if he shows that model number. He said yes and sent me a price. That model or information can not be found on their web site by browsing or doing a search for the model number.

Just as model numbers, information, etc., pricing can be out of date also.

• damondlt likes this

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

Prove they broke the law

Sent from my PantechP8010 using DBSTalk mobile app

He supplied links above to the CA website that describes the law.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#43 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Yep

Sent from my PantechP8010 using DBSTalk mobile app

Not sure why you feel you are entitled to it but here you go:

MACPalace, Inc.: order #XXXXX   Sent By: "Macpalace.com" <sales@macpalace.com>   On:Jan 01/30/14 2:44 PM To: XXXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXX.XXX Reply to: "Macpalace.com" <sales@macpalace.com>

Hi

Unfortunately Apple has marked up the price on 922-8601. The new price is $75. If you are still interested in the part please send us $27 with PayPal. Our PayPal account is:

paypal@pctechsystemsinc.com.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Respects

MACPalace, Inc.
2512 Canada Blvd.
# 4
Glendale CA 91208

United States
http://www.macpalace.com/

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#44 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Do we know that?  Has anyone else here tried to buy at the lower price yet?  If so, what happened?

I only buy apples at the grocery store, so I have no need to try to buy this.

No one is going to try.   If you're so curious, and apparently dying to prove me wrong, then you try it.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#45 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Just as model numbers, information, etc., pricing can be out of date also.

Out of date is acceptable until someone PROVES you're out of date and you still don't update the site.   Their site still has $48 a week after trying to extort more money from me.  You'd think a seller who was "on the up and up" would update their site immediately once they knew they had an error.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#46 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,738 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

Out of date is acceptable until someone PROVES you're out of date and you still don't update the site.   Their site still has $48 a week after trying to extort more money from me.  You'd think a seller who was "on the up and up" would update their site immediately once they knew they had an error.

It as been almost 2 weeks with the Lawnmower manufacturers and their site is just as it was back then, no change.

Big places move real slow to correct things. They just add them to the list of things to do. Sometimes they never get to the bottom of the list.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#47 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

It as been almost 2 weeks with the Lawnmower manufacturers and their site is just as it was back then, no change.

Big places move real slow to correct things. They just add them to the list of things to do. Sometimes they never get to the bottom of the list.

Showing correct pricing and/or products would be the top of my priority list.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#48 OFFLINE   rerust

rerust

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

They just did the exact same thing to me! I stumbled across this forum after searching the web to see if anyone experienced the same issue with them that I did.

I purchased a replacement display for my Macbook Pro. They had it advertised for $233. I paid and they accepted the funds through Paypal. They want me to send them an additional $302 for the order. 

Below is a copy of the email I received an hour after ordering and paying:

Macpalace.com sales@macpalace.com
4:30 PM (57 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Unfortunately Apple has marked up the price on 661-5964 . The new price is $535.The part is brand new. If you are still interested in the part please send us $302 with PayPal.

Our PayPal account is:

Respects

MACPalace, Inc.

#49 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Overall the reviews from other customers are not very good for this company...

Reading through some of them it looks like they have also done this same thing with asking for additional money from customers via email after there order.

http://www.trustpilo...w/macpalace.com

http://www.resellerr...store/MacPalace

http://www.scambook....27370/MacPalace

#50 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,738 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Making a habit of jacking up prices is very bad for their business. Once I find someone that is known to to that I avoid them like the plague.

Thanks for digging that up coolman302003.

#51 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

Not sure why you feel you are entitled to it but here you go:

MACPalace, Inc.: order #XXXXX   Sent By: "Macpalace.com" <sales@macpalace.com>   On:Jan 01/30/14 2:44 PM To: XXXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXX.XXX Reply to: "Macpalace.com" <sales@macpalace.com>

Hi

Unfortunately Apple has marked up the price on 922-8601. The new price is $75. If you are still interested in the part please send us $27 with PayPal. Our PayPal account is:

Respects

MACPalace, Inc.
2512 Canada Blvd.
# 4
Glendale CA 91208

United States
http://www.macpalace.com/

Again, doesn't sound like they are ripping you off, It asked if you were still interested.  Did it not?

And you declined and they gave you a refund! 

Former Directv Subscriber May 5th-2012 - November 7th 2014 

Blue Ridge Communticatons

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus anolog Bedrrom 5 and 6

#52 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

They just did the exact same thing to me! I stumbled across this forum after searching the web to see if anyone experienced the same issue with them that I did.

I purchased a replacement display for my Macbook Pro. They had it advertised for $233. I paid and they accepted the funds through Paypal. They want me to send them an additional $302 for the order. 

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Unfortunately Apple has marked up the price on 661-5964 . The new price is $535.The part is brand new. If you are still interested in the part please send us $302 with PayPal.

Our PayPal account is:

Respects

MACPalace, Inc.

Maybe you guys should start by not Buying rip off Apple products

I'm not sure what $200 or $300 part your replacing, But I've never had a repair anywhere near that price in 8 Years with Dell and 4 years with an HP.

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

#53 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,092 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

I don't understand why there's some defending these practices. Clearly, this company has a history of trying to scam people.

Trolling is sad.

• RunnerFL likes this
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#54 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

I don't understand why there's some defending these practices. Clearly, this company has a history of trying to scam people.

Trolling is sad.

Because its no different of a practice then the crap you 3 constantly support here with a certain company every other day of the week.

And define Trolling?

If I had a dollar for every mis- advertized price I've seen on the internet I'd be rich.

Gimmie a break.!

You think I've never been told a price Paid it and found out it was more?

That's life my friend

Next time Someone in the Directv Forums complains about a price they were quoted and didn't get.  You guys better not say a word!

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

#55 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,092 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

emtfmn4.png

http://en.wikipedia....roll_(Internet) Seems accurate.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#56 OFFLINE   rerust

rerust

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

I'm not sure what $200 or $300 part your replacing, But I've never had a repair anywhere near that price in 8 Years with Dell and 4 years with an HP.

Ahhh... because unscrupulous business practices are limited to Apple products. Got it. Any other pearls of wisdom?

As far as your confusion on the part I was replacing... it was the entire display (not that I didn't already state that in my first post or anything). 

#57 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Our PayPal account is:

Respects

MACPalace, Inc.

Yup, same scam.  I hope you asked for your money back.  

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#58 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Again, doesn't sound like they are ripping you off, It asked if you were still interested.  Did it not?

And you declined and they gave you a refund! 

Read the other posts.  I'm not the only one they tried this on and it is DEFINITELY a scam.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#59 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

Or you could just go troll somewhere else, please.

• sigma1914 likes this
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#60 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

And define Trolling?

Read your posts in this thread.  You'll find several examples.

• sigma1914 likes this
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Protected By... spam firewall...And...