Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Programming Guide

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hydrant100

hydrant100

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

Would appreciate some advice. Where do most of you go to check on upcoming premiers and specials for premium movie services such as HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. .I know each service has its own online site but is there ONE source that is more convenient that you found? I'm not a big fan of the DirecTV Monthly Guide as most of the content is the ongoing daily programming which is of course duplicated on their tv scrolling guide. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,601 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

I just scroll thru the guide that is on the TV screen.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 ONLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,309 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

One of our members, Armophob, has created a schedule in a word document over at the TV Show Talk forum.  He has compiled a list of every premier whether it be a move, a reality show, or a drama.  It is a great tool! 

Here is the link:  http://www.dbstalk.c...46#entry3220940

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

There is a thread here in the tv show area that tracks most this. Also tv fool is used by a lot if people.

#5 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:00 AM

Would appreciate some advice. Where do most of you go to check on upcoming premiers and specials for premium movie services such as HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. .I know each service has its own online site but is there ONE source that is more convenient that you found? I'm not a big fan of the DirecTV Monthly Guide as most of the content is the ongoing daily programming which is of course duplicated on their tv scrolling guide. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Satellite DIRECT Magazine has a very good monthly list of upcoming movie premiers on the Premium Channels. http://www.directmagazine.com/  It normally cost about $2-3 per month for the online subscription but you can probably find a free trial if you look around.  ;)

There list includes premiers from the following: HBO, Starz, Encore, Showtime, Cinemax, Turner Classic Movies and yes even AMC...

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#6 OFFLINE   rocky69

rocky69

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

This website does a pretty good job for season premieres and finales:

http://articles.rede...-super-bowl-xlv

They usually do the next month 3-4 day beforehand.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...