Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New to Netflix in February

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

New to Netflix in February

Rejoice movie addicts. Netflix has added films and TV shows to its streaming catalog in February, just in time for snow, Valentine's Day or whatever this month means to you. Let's start the list with the hilarious 1980 movie "Airplane!" starring Julie Hagerty and Robert Hays. Other additions include....

Full Story Here

airplane-1980-cockpit.jpg

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

House of Cards, Season 2 starts 2/14/2014

1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

#3 OFFLINE   gsslug

gsslug

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

I use to be a Netflix DVD subscriber and I keep getting offers for 30 days free Netflix. So I decided to try the streaming. I'm not much interested in watching TV shows just the movies. Their selection of movies is terrible. I couldn't find any movie that I hadn't already seen that I wanted to watch. I intend to cancel before the 30 days is up. Amazon Prime Instant Video has a better selection of movies or I can pay to watch movies not in the Prime listings and still pay less than what DirecTv charges.

#4 OFFLINE   tonycsmoke

tonycsmoke

• Registered
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSt Louis

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

My wife is a huge fan of English TV.  Netflix carries most of the BBC shows.  It's great for that or shows you may have missed. 

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,843 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

I use to be a Netflix DVD subscriber and I keep getting offers for 30 days free Netflix. So I decided to try the streaming. I'm not much interested in watching TV shows just the movies. Their selection of movies is terrible. I couldn't find any movie that I hadn't already seen that I wanted to watch. I intend to cancel before the 30 days is up. Amazon Prime Instant Video has a better selection of movies or I can pay to watch movies not in the Prime listings and still pay less than what DirecTv charges.

I have never rented but one movie from DTV and it was a 1080p. I wanted to see the difference in how it stacked up to a 1080i format.

I have said from day one that the PPV movies on DTV should be no more than $3.

My son says, "If we do PPV then why would we have HBO, Showtime, Starz, Encore, Cinemax " ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...