Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Woo Hooooo! Genie Arrived!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Just wanted to share my uber excitement at the Genie I finally got upgraded to. SC went great, got a 44, which is what I wanted as I previously didn't have a CCK. I love it :D I heard it was faster, but, man the sucker moves compared to even the HR24 I had. Loved being connected (and especially the Youtube App). Was actually surprised when watching video's to the Youtube App, much better quality than when looking at it on my computer.

--

Just wanted to share my joy at finally getting my Genie and getting connected. I've fiddled with the on demand from the premiums for the past 2 days. I also like how in the guide it has a plus symbol on any channel that has on demand content. That is a win :D

--

New remote takes getting used too though ;p

Edited by HinterXGames, 04 February 2014 - 01:43 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   directv newb

directv newb

Mentor

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

The Genie is such an INCREDIBLE piece of technology.  I have had mine for over a year and I am still thrilled every time I turn on the t.v.  I love every single thing about my Genie and the Directv OS.  The Directv Genie is soooo far more advanced than anything out their it is incredible, Time Warner is still forcing their customers to use the Flintstones original Dvr :)

#3 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

The Genie is such an INCREDIBLE piece of technology.  I have had mine for over a year and I am still thrilled every time I turn on the t.v.  I love every single thing about my Genie and the Directv OS.  The Directv Genie is soooo far more advanced than anything out their it is incredible, Time Warner is still forcing their customers to use the Flintstones original Dvr :)

:o Is that the DVR with a wind-crank and at any point you stop winding, it stops recording?  :hurah:

spam firewall