Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

mlb extra inning

• Please log in to reply
716 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dryden29

dryden29

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • Locationquebec

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

whats the price for 2014 season ??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rob37

Rob37

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

It is usually $199 atleast that is what it was last year.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#3 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

No pricing information has been announced for this year. No new information regarding the package has been posted.

There are various questions that await, such as:

(1) New blackout policy

(2) Will MLB.TV be included with EI?

(3) Price

#4 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

IMPORTANT RENEWAL NOTICE: You are all set to enjoy another exciting year of MLB EXTRA INNINGS. We will be renewing you at 6 payments of $32.99/month. Look for the first charge to appear on an upcoming bill. If you wish to cancel to avoid payment, you must do so before April 6.

Don't be afraid to be yourself.

#5 OFFLINE   Rob37

Rob37

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

I thought the Blackout Policy was ending. All FOX Games on Saturday are suppose to be included now in the Package & Games on ESPN on Wednesday and Monday Nights are no longer suppose to be blacked out in the Local Markets of the Teams Playing.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#6 OFFLINE   the future is now

the future is now

AllStar

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

IMPORTANT RENEWAL NOTICE: You are all set to enjoy another exciting year of MLB EXTRA INNINGS. We will be renewing you at 6 payments of $32.99/month. Look for the first charge to appear on an upcoming bill. If you wish to cancel to avoid payment, you must do so before April 6.

so the difference this year is that it went down $2.04 from 3.33 per six.

Go Giants!

Genie (HR34)
HR24
MLB Extra Innings

2010 and 2012 World Champions San Francisco Giants

#7 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 990 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

I find this very curious.  DirecTV's contract for MLB EI expired at the end of the 2013 season, and I have yet to see any information about the contract being renewed or extended.  Seems odd to me that they would start billing for the new season before the new contract was done (unless they already reached an agreement without any announcement, which I suppose is possible).

I am particularly interested in the provisions of the new contract (when available) because of the talk over the last year or two about bundling MLB EI with MLB.TV, as well as possible changes to EI with the new national TV contracts (which will change blackout restrictions).  It would be nice to have some clarity on these points before the season is underway.

#8 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

I'd jump all over ei if it was bundled with MLB. TV.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

#9 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

Even if MLB.TV was not included for $0, a Superfan add-on price of say $49 for MLB.TV would be a good bone to throw to customers.

#10 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

I find this very curious.  DirecTV's contract for MLB EI expired at the end of the 2013 season, and I have yet to see any information about the contract being renewed or extended.  Seems odd to me that they would start billing for the new season before the new contract was done (unless they already reached an agreement without any announcement, which I suppose is possible).

I am particularly interested in the provisions of the new contract (when available) because of the talk over the last year or two about bundling MLB EI with MLB.TV, as well as possible changes to EI with the new national TV contracts (which will change blackout restrictions).  It would be nice to have some clarity on these points before the season is underway.

Sign me up if it is bundled. I left Directv package four years ago because of the mobility options of online. Summer is a time to be outdoors on boats and beaches. It is great to catch a game for a minute or two.

#11 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

MLB.TV has update their blackout rules. I would expect MLB Extra Innings to be similar.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...liateId=mlbMENU

Regular Season Weekend U.S. National Live Blackout:

• National. Due to MLB exclusivities, live national broadcasts of Major League Baseball events, such as the All-Star Game, and select live national broadcasts of MLB games, including those broadcast by ESPN on Sunday, will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands). For a current listing of regular season games that will be nationally blacked out in the United States, click here. The list at this link will be updated throughout the season.
  • Regional. Certain Saturday regular season MLB games broadcast live by the Fox network will be blacked out to those end users who attempt to access a live game within the territory of an applicable Fox Saturday broadcast. Fox broadcasts available in areas other than where an end user is accessing MLB.TV live streaming will be available for live game viewing. For a current list of Fox Saturday broadcasts subject to regional blackout, click here. Those Fox Saturday games that are not subject to regional blackout will be subject to the general home television territory blackout restrictions listed above (under Regular Season Blackouts in the U.S. and Canada).
  • If you are an MLB.TV Subscriber in an area subject to blackout the blacked out game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game.

Don't be afraid to be yourself.

#12 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

as a mets fan moving across the country to southern california next year, i'm leaning towards EI over MLB.TV...and here's why - i have a slingbox.  EI + slingbox means i can pretty much watch any game i want, as opposed to MLB.TV where some games are blacked out based on where i'm watching from at the time.

example:  the mets are playing the giants, but i'm in vegas for the weekend...game is blacked out on mlb.tv because vegas is claimed by the giants as part of their territory.  EI + slingbox = me watching the game if i want.

i am still undecided, however, and curious if i set up a vpn to my home near LA if that would allow me to watch and only be blacked out from the dodgers/angels (which would be ok, since i could still watch those games on my slingbox).  that, i suppose, is a discussion for a different time and place though...although if anyone has an opinion on it i'd love to hear it.

#13 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

I have the same setup with slingbox and everything. I choose mlb. TV for two reasons. Replays and ease of access. I have awoken in the morning and want to watch an inning or two of a game. No hitters, fights, controversial calls....

Ease of use is the simple interface of at bat app. I love slingbox, but it is much more involved and you are relying on multiple internet connections.

My two cents.,,

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk
  • 1980ws likes this

#14 OFFLINE   EricRobins

EricRobins

Godfather

• Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

I have subscribed to EI for nearly 15 years.  The reason I have stuck w/ EI (+slingbox) is the ability to use the 30-sec skip.  Since there is usually 30 secs "wasted" every time the ball is hit in the stands and between batters, as well as close to 2 mins, i.e., 4 30-secs, I can speed through games.  

If I knew that MLB.com was as easy, I'd drop EI in favor of MLB.com.  However, I am afraid that the ability to jump ahead 30 seconds w/o buffering would not work as seamlessly.  

Thoughts?

#15 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

I'd love to know if anyone has set up the VPN route I was talking about earlier and whether or not it would work...

Sent from my XT1060 using DBSTalk mobile app

#16 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

We are not suppose to talk about that, but yes it works on computers. It will not work on mobile device due to it picking up the location on the GPS. Before you ask, the software requires location to be on at all times when viewing games.

#17 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

not sure why talking about it would be a bad thing, connecting to your home via VPN certainly isn't illegal or against anyone's TOS.  anyway, thanks for the heads up...that makes me lean a little more towards EI + slingbox.  yes, i have to rely on two different internet connections, but at least if both of them are up i have the option of watching the game in the situation i described above.  if i'm going with mlb.tv in that situation, it doesn't matter whether i have one connection up or both...i'm out of luck.

#18 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 990 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

not sure why talking about it would be a bad thing, connecting to your home via VPN certainly isn't illegal or against anyone's TOS.  anyway, thanks for the heads up...that makes me lean a little more towards EI + slingbox.  yes, i have to rely on two different internet connections, but at least if both of them are up i have the option of watching the game in the situation i described above.  if i'm going with mlb.tv in that situation, it doesn't matter whether i have one connection up or both...i'm out of luck.

Using a VPN is certainly legal, but using it to circumvent blackouts on MLB.TV most definitely violates their TOS, and discussion about it here violates forum rules.  This has come up on a few occasions in the past, and each time the mods came in and deleted posts.  Using a Slingbox for the same purpose, meanwhile, is very much legal, much to the chagrin of MLB who tried to fight it and lost.

#19 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

I assumed that is why he asked about a VPN, but a slingbox performs the same function without violating terms of use. I have a slingbox, but like to play too. That is why I have a knowledge base. It was fun to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics from my flat in London. Wink, wink

#20 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

An email was sent to Fios users informing them that MLB.tv would be included with EI.

"The first regular season game is just weeks away and with the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package from Verizon, you’ll be ready for Opening Day on March 31, 2014. Catch the biggest rivalries and brightest stars Major League Baseball® has to offer no matter where you live. As a subscriber to our auto-renewal program, the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package is automatically added to your FiOS®TV channel line-up. 2014 pricing for renewing customers is $199 and will be billed to your account in two installments, starting with your first bill after the season opens. In addition you now get MLB.TV™ as part of your package. Follow your favorite team on every device."

spam firewall