Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

mlb extra inning

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 522 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

I was going to sit this year out from MLB (my team is the Cubs. Not much to see. Even though I'm posting this on the internet I can hear all of you laughing :nono2: ) but if they are putting both services together I'm getting it for sure. 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

I would agree with you if anyone other than Satelliteracer had suggested that the CSR did not have complete information.

I was talking official, not SRs tealeaves, as often i have read them accurately. I was making more a point that no one is advertising mlb.tv at this point, so no one is getting the upper hand.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#43 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

You can always cancel MLB.TV prior to the start of the season, right?  Therefore, if you paid for MLB.TV and then later discovered it was included in EI, you could just cancel it and get your money back.

Note that it appears official that FIOS EI will include MLB.TV:

http://www.verizon.c...-SNFBKfios_Post

#44 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

No, you have 5 days from purchase date to cancel and because they auto renew as early as they do many won't be able to take advantage of that this year. Remember the preseason starts 2/26.

You can always cancel MLB.TV prior to the start of the season, right?  Therefore, if you paid for MLB.TV and then later discovered it was included in EI, you could just cancel it and get your money back.

Note that it appears official that FIOS EI will include MLB.TV:

http://www.verizon.c...-SNFBKfios_Post

• tonyd79 likes this

Don't be afraid to be yourself.

#45 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

I just cancelled my MLB.TV. I can always sign up again if my intuition turns out to be wrong. I suspect digital rights were a must have in the new deal. The old deal ran out at the end of last season unless an extension was made. 

#46 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

Actually, renewal date is march 1.

No, you have 5 days from purchase date to cancel and because they auto renew as early as they do many won't be able to take advantage of that this year. Remember the preseason starts 2/26.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#47 OFFLINE   FLWingNut

FLWingNut

Godfather

• Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

My MLB.tv auto renewed and my charge card was billed. Cancelled it immediately, as I like to wait until midseason to order it.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#48 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Just cancelled. If rumors prove untrue, I will resub.

#49 OFFLINE   Shoub11

Shoub11

• Registered
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

I called DTV yesterday and asked about MLB TV being  a option this season with EI and the CSR said that she would check into it and call me back. I did receive a call back and was told that no C. Service people or Sports packages reps can locate any EI features that include MLB TV or streaming options. I will let my MLB TV auto renew and pass on EI this season. I can't believe that DTV will suddenly add streaming to the EI package this close to opening day. Let's hoe 2015 will be the year.

Mark

#50 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

I would not bet on that yet. I would sooner believe the CSRs do not have new scripts yet. We will know by the end of the week. Directv changed its MLB page this past week to highlight the new package coming soon.

#51 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

I called DTV yesterday and asked about MLB TV being  a option this season with EI and the CSR said that she would check into it and call me back. I did receive a call back and was told that no C. Service people or Sports packages reps can locate any EI features that include MLB TV or streaming options. I will let my MLB TV auto renew and pass on EI this season. I can't believe that DTV will suddenly add streaming to the EI package this close to opening day. Let's hoe 2015 will be the year.

Mark

I would believe it. You may have made a mistake. We are talking two outfits (MLB and directv) who usually go to the deadline. You know MLB hasn't even figured out its replay rule yet? No rush. They have until opening day.

#52 OFFLINE   oakwcj

oakwcj

Lower Echelon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Mark

I would believe it.  We know for sure that Verizon is bundling the two products for its FIOS customers.  Second, we know that DirecTV rarely falls behind in competition for sports content.  And third, we know that Satelliteracer knows more than we do.  

#53 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

I really hope this comes to pass and we get EI and MLB.TV bundled. Then I will stop complaining about not getting every game. As the only ones I will miss are the Rangers home games on Sunday nights starting in July. And it seemed they scaled that trend back last year as I seem to remember some games that were day games those Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#54 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Just cancelled. If rumors prove untrue, I will resub.

Probably a very prudent move. :)
  • bwaldron likes this
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#55 OFFLINE   bigwilly087

bigwilly087

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Probably a very prudent move. :)

Any hint on timing? I cancelled MLB.tv based on this, but the Pirates start broadcasting games today, and without mlb.tv I would have to purchase At Bat separately.

#56 OFFLINE   swyman18

swyman18

Legend

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Any hint on timing? I cancelled MLB.tv based on this, but the Pirates start broadcasting games today, and without mlb.tv I would have to purchase At Bat separately.

I may be totally wrong on this, but I would think if D* is going to include MLB.TV with Extra Innings, it would be the standard MLB.TV, not MLB.TV Premium. You only get At Bat free with premium.

Again, that is just a guess. If they do include premium, that would be great.

#57 OFFLINE   owine

owine

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

I may be totally wrong on this, but I would think if D* is going to include MLB.TV with Extra Innings, it would be the standard MLB.TV, not MLB.TV Premium. You only get At Bat free with premium.

Again, that is just a guess. If they do include premium, that would be great.

I'd have a tough time believing that. They are going to include the computer-only (no mobile devices) package that does not have home/away feeds? NBA League Pass splits up broadband and mobile, but if you subscribe through D* you get all three.

#58 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,969 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

isfj.jpg

:rotfl:

• DCSholtis, bwaldron and fireponcoal like this
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#59 OFFLINE   jcrandall

jcrandall

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

I would figure that MLB.TV would just be regular season as part of EI.

That said, pickup either At Bat for $2.99 or MLB.TV for $19.99 for the month of March if you want to enjoy Spring Training.

I spent the $3 to have radio in the mean time (XM does a terrible job with spring training) and will see how it all plays out.

#60 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

I have to assume March 1st begins the new contract since no provider is advertising the package yet. 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...