Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

mlb extra inning

• Please log in to reply
759 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,952 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

I called DTV yesterday and asked about MLB TV being  a option this season with EI and the CSR said that she would check into it and call me back. I did receive a call back and was told that no C. Service people or Sports packages reps can locate any EI features that include MLB TV or streaming options. I will let my MLB TV auto renew and pass on EI this season. I can't believe that DTV will suddenly add streaming to the EI package this close to opening day. Let's hoe 2015 will be the year.

Mark

I would believe it. You may have made a mistake. We are talking two outfits (MLB and directv) who usually go to the deadline. You know MLB hasn't even figured out its replay rule yet? No rush. They have until opening day.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   oakwcj

oakwcj

Lower Echelon

• Registered
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

I called DTV yesterday and asked about MLB TV being  a option this season with EI and the CSR said that she would check into it and call me back. I did receive a call back and was told that no C. Service people or Sports packages reps can locate any EI features that include MLB TV or streaming options. I will let my MLB TV auto renew and pass on EI this season. I can't believe that DTV will suddenly add streaming to the EI package this close to opening day. Let's hoe 2015 will be the year.

Mark

I would believe it.  We know for sure that Verizon is bundling the two products for its FIOS customers.  Second, we know that DirecTV rarely falls behind in competition for sports content.  And third, we know that Satelliteracer knows more than we do.  

#53 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

I really hope this comes to pass and we get EI and MLB.TV bundled. Then I will stop complaining about not getting every game. As the only ones I will miss are the Rangers home games on Sunday nights starting in July. And it seemed they scaled that trend back last year as I seem to remember some games that were day games those Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#54 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Just cancelled. If rumors prove untrue, I will resub.

Probably a very prudent move. :)
  • bwaldron likes this
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#55 OFFLINE   bigwilly087

bigwilly087

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Probably a very prudent move. :)

Any hint on timing? I cancelled MLB.tv based on this, but the Pirates start broadcasting games today, and without mlb.tv I would have to purchase At Bat separately.

#56 OFFLINE   swyman18

swyman18

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Any hint on timing? I cancelled MLB.tv based on this, but the Pirates start broadcasting games today, and without mlb.tv I would have to purchase At Bat separately.

I may be totally wrong on this, but I would think if D* is going to include MLB.TV with Extra Innings, it would be the standard MLB.TV, not MLB.TV Premium. You only get At Bat free with premium.

Again, that is just a guess. If they do include premium, that would be great.

#57 OFFLINE   owine

owine

• Registered
  • 18 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

I may be totally wrong on this, but I would think if D* is going to include MLB.TV with Extra Innings, it would be the standard MLB.TV, not MLB.TV Premium. You only get At Bat free with premium.

Again, that is just a guess. If they do include premium, that would be great.

I'd have a tough time believing that. They are going to include the computer-only (no mobile devices) package that does not have home/away feeds? NBA League Pass splits up broadband and mobile, but if you subscribe through D* you get all three.

#58 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,370 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

isfj.jpg

:rotfl:

• DCSholtis, bwaldron and fireponcoal like this
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#59 OFFLINE   jcrandall

jcrandall

Godfather

• Registered
  • 362 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

I would figure that MLB.TV would just be regular season as part of EI.

That said, pickup either At Bat for $2.99 or MLB.TV for $19.99 for the month of March if you want to enjoy Spring Training.

I spent the $3 to have radio in the mean time (XM does a terrible job with spring training) and will see how it all plays out.

#60 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

I have to assume March 1st begins the new contract since no provider is advertising the package yet. 

#61 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

I have to assume March 1st begins the new contract since no provider is advertising the package yet. 

FIOS has the information on its website, but no cable operators or Directv have information on their websites.  Will also be interested in seeing the specifics of the new blackout policies.

#62 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,952 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

FIOS has the information on its website, but no cable operators or Directv have information on their websites.  Will also be interested in seeing the specifics of the new blackout policies.

They do? I can't find it. All I see about MLB is that the sport is out of season. Can you get a direct link to what  you are seeing?

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#63 OFFLINE   cforrest

cforrest

Icon

• Registered
  • 827 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

They do? I can't find it. All I see about MLB is that the sport is out of season. Can you get a direct link to what  you are seeing?

http://www.dbstalk.c...-3#entry3232773

D* Setup:

Slimline (AU9-S) w/no multiswitch
(1) HR21-100 0x87F (7/8/08 Made in Mexico) via HDMI to Pioneer PDP-6020FD
(1) HR24-100 0x87F (11/9/10 Made in Thailand) via HDMI to Panasonic TC-P58S2

FIOS 150/150

#64 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

It is a fios letter to subs on automatic renewal. As a famous poster says.....SOON......

#65 OFFLINE   jerrylove56

jerrylove56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

I wonder if MLB's/Comcast/Directv and other service providers of MLB EI attempt to have a lawsuit against their blackout rules has something to do with delay of posting info on EI. (http://www.hollywood...ntitrust-683829)

#66 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,952 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

You can always cancel MLB.TV prior to the start of the season, right?  Therefore, if you paid for MLB.TV and then later discovered it was included in EI, you could just cancel it and get your money back.

Note that it appears official that FIOS EI will include MLB.TV:

http://www.verizon.c...-SNFBKfios_Post

Thanks, I missed that. Odd that I could not find it directly on the fios webpage.

#67 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,952 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

I wonder if MLB's/Comcast/Directv and other service providers of MLB EI attempt to have a lawsuit against their blackout rules has something to do with delay of posting info on EI. (http://www.hollywood...ntitrust-683829)

I doubt it. This stuff is always later than people think. Especially if they are making agreements (that may nor may not be totally done) for MLB.tv.

#68 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

The good news is in:

http://www.verizon.c...c_cid=mlb_extra

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#69 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

The question of the day is validation. How will you login? Reading through the app, I cannot see how the process will work.

#70 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

The question of the day is validation. How will you login? Reading through the app, I cannot see how the process will work.

Nah, the question of the day is, will DIRECTV follow suit? ;)

#71 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

They will. Contracts were up for all providers. NHL ends this season, therefore I expect them to catch up on digital rights too.

#72 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

Satelliteracer could put a smily face and concur!!

#73 OFFLINE   the future is now

the future is now

AllStar

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

i'm still in disbelief, the national blackout policy (outside ESPN Sunday Night Baseball) is no more!

http://www.bizofbase...sion&Itemid=122

. As reported on Forbes SportsMoney, this year sees a slight easing up on national blackouts as part of the new agreement. Starting this season, subscribers of MLB Extra Innings and MLB.TV have the opportunity to watch Saturday MLB on FOX games subject to certain geographic black outs that protect games assigned to local FOX affiliates.

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...2&vkey=news_mlb

Beginning in May, MLB.TV subscribers for the first time will have the ability to watch live regular season games not being shown on FOX broadcast television in their respective territories. Using this year's first FOX Saturday national broadcast window as an example, here is how the new access applies to MLB.TV subscribers:

On May 24, the FOX Saturday national broadcast schedule features three regionally distributed games beginning at 7 p.m. ET: Cardinals at Reds, Nationals at Pirates, and Royals at Angels. Any MLB.TV subscriber in the FOX viewing territory of the Cardinals-Reds game would be able to watch the Nationals-Pirates and Royals-Angels games live on any supported device.

In previous years, MLB.TV subscribers would have been subject to national blackout restrictions for all three live games. The same policy then would be applicable to MLB.TV subscribers in the FOX viewing territories of the other two live games.

The accessibility to games previously blacked out to MLB.TV subscribers was introduced as part of the eight-year multi-platform media rights agreement MLB and FOX Sports announced in October 2012.

Edited by the future is now, 28 February 2014 - 01:47 AM.

Genie (HR34)
HR24
MLB Extra Innings

2010, 2012 and 2014 World Champions San Francisco Giants

#74 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

Considering that Judge Judy's daughter is the presiding judge I would love to be in that court room!

Sent from my XT1053 using DBSTalk mobile app
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#75 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

Question:  Does Fox Sports 1 have exclusive rights to the games it is broadcasting, or are those like ESPN Monday/Wednesday night games?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...