Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

mlb extra inning

• Please log in to reply
759 replies to this topic

#751 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

http://awfulannounci...wned-wls-7.html

With WLS televising 25 games, there now may be T H R E E broadcasters of Cubs games for the next 5 years.

I hope EI finds these games.

Sadly, it will probably mean no coverage for the fans in the Cub's "territory" outside the Chicago DMA.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#752 OFFLINE   blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone

Godfather

• Registered
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

http://awfulannounci...wned-wls-7.html

With WLS televising 25 games, there now may be T H R E E broadcasters of Cubs games for the next 5 years.

I hope EI finds these games.

Sadly, it will probably mean no coverage for the fans in the Cub's "territory" outside the Chicago DMA.

the cubs have had three broadcasters for the past few years

csn

wgn

wciu (part of the wgn deal)

i think these games are the wciu games. no word on where the wgn games end up (could still be wgn)

#753 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hi BHZ.

I completely forgot about the "U", although they only had 8 games each year.

http://www.bleedcubb...son-tv-schedule

Every time a team adds OTA games, it makes a bigger mockery of MLB's "home territory" agreements - "home" fans being denied access to "home" games.

#754 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,387 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

How's that? More games are up for free for those without cable sat etc...

#755 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

How's that? More games are up for free for those without cable sat etc...

Hi inkahauts.

Locally, I agree with you, but...

WLS is only available in the Chicago DMA, while the Cubs claim the rest of Illinois, all of Iowa, and much of Indiana. So fans in those areas will not have access to those broadcasts.

http://royals.server...Territories.jpg

And even if they have EI, they will be blacked out from the opposition's broadcasts.

#756 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:11 AM

That is something that needs to be fixed.  I think generally MLB should adopt a policy that says if the home team telecast is not available in your area (either because of OTA issues or just not broadcasts), it is open on MLB EI and MLB.TV

#757 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

Hi BHZ.

I completely forgot about the "U", although they only had 8 games each year.

http://www.bleedcubb...son-tv-schedule

Every time a team adds OTA games, it makes a bigger mockery of MLB's "home territory" agreements - "home" fans being denied access to "home" games.

The U games seems to be an overflow for WGN as they have CW and other stuff to air as well.

also the cubs / soxs likey will be bumped by Blackhawks / bulls playoff games.

Likely put on CSN + 2 (HD only on Directv and U-verse). At least that feed is HD as 1-2 years a go there was a Blackhawks game on CSN + 2 SD only and it had very poor PQ (I think that on line posts where so bad they had to drop bulls post game on the main channel and move the game over as soon as the bulls game ended with on screen messages saying game in HD on the main channel) . Comcast crap cable system does not have the room for on of there own local channels to in HD. As they don't have SDV so they really don't have room for part time HD feeds.

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 13 December 2014 - 12:16 PM.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#758 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:23 PM

That is something that needs to be fixed.  I think generally MLB should adopt a policy that says if the home team telecast is not available in your area (either because of OTA issues or just not broadcasts), it is open on MLB EI and MLB.TV

also add your system not having all RSN's feeds in outer ring areas (more of a cable issue) but even dish / directv have started to do that due to rights costs in some outer ring areas.

Why can't more teams (that still have local OTA games) do what was done for people in market for the Braves, but out of market for Atlanta local channels

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#759 OFFLINE   evotz

evotz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

I think they should just do away with the territories completely, at least as it concerns Extra Innings.  If you're paying for Extra Innings, you get every game, period.

Like someone else said, if a Cubs fan in Iowa cannot watch a game carried on WLS even though Iowa is considered the Cubs "home" territory, who does this benefit?  Who does it benefit to restrict Extra Innings covered games?  Want to restrict the games in Extra Innings to the claiming territory's feed?  Do that.

Major League Baseball really needs to wake up about this.  They want to know why they are losing fans?  It's because your TV and other media streaming of games is too restrictive.

#760 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,632 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:55 AM

Why can't more teams (that still have local OTA games) do what was done for people in market for the Braves, but out of market for Atlanta local channels

Spurs do this as well, the games carried OTA on KENS 5 are available for example in Austin on KBVO. I believe it is up to the individual local stations (that are in-market for the Spurs, but in another DMA) to choose to pay for the rights to carry them.

Other parts of Texas (such as West Texas; El Paso, Abilene, Odessa, Lubbock, etc.) that are still considered in-market and can't pick up SA stations OTA would be out of luck though as I don't think those local stations are choosing to pay the rights to air them locally. 

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV  DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 7am-12:30am ET)  DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25.99 ($30.99 with HBO) | 3=$36.99 ($41.99 with HBO) | 4=$45.99 ($50.99 with HBO) | All 5=$57.99 per month

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

Protected By... spam firewall...And...