Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

mlb extra inning

• Please log in to reply
749 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   PDXDirecTVFan

PDXDirecTVFan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

I called yesterday afternoon and spoke to the department that handles all the sports packages. The CSR checked with a Supervisor and confirmed that this years EI package will have MLB TV attached to it. I purchased it for a great deal. Now comes the fun part trying to cancel my MLB TV subscription that was charged to my cc already.

Good luck with that! I spent about 2 hours on the phone with MLB yesterday trying to get them to add At Bat to my Game Day Audio auto renewal, which are bundled together this year for 20 bucks. They were trying to charge me for both separately. The case got escalated, and they ended up giving my account access to the app this morning. Something that should have been a quick fix, but MLB ended up making the process complicated!

Edited by PDXDirecTVFan, 07 March 2014 - 03:17 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

if it's the premium version, then yes.  and, again, since the fios ads specifically mention the ability to watch on any and all connected devices, it seems the premium version is the one that's included...

I thought that at first to but as long as it only $20 to upgrade to the Premium for the year, I would do that.  I hope its the Premium one that is uncluded though.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#123 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

I thought that at first to but as long as it only $20 to upgrade to the Premium for the year, I would do that.  I hope its the Premium one that is uncluded though.

for the third time, it has to be the premium version.  the fios ad specifically mentions you can watch on connected devices - this is not possible with the regular version.

#124 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Good luck with that! I spent about 2 hours on the phone with MLB yesterday trying to get them to add At Bat to my Game Day Audio auto renewal, which are bundled together this year for 20 bucks. They were trying to charge me for both separately. The case got escalated, and they ended up giving my account access to the app this morning. Something that should have been a quick fix, but MLB ended up making the process complicated!

I called and got issued a refund within 10 minutes earlier this week.  Refund took a few days to go through, though.

#125 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

for the third time, it has to be the premium version.  the fios ad specifically mentions you can watch on connected devices - this is not possible with the regular version.

We can read and I hope the same thing.  If not, I wont cry about a $20 upgrade.

HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#126 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

So does DirecTV's ad IIRC.  However, it could be misleading, as there might still be an additional cost for all services.  These ads have a knack at leaving little details like this out or putting them in the fine print that nobody notices.

#127 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

So does DirecTV's ad IIRC. However, it could be misleading, as there might still be an additional cost for all services. These ads have a knack at leaving little details like this out or putting them in the fine print that nobody notices.

Maybe, but I highly doubt that...there wasn't any mention of an extra charge on the FiOS ad from what I remember.

#128 OFFLINE   camo

camo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Where does it say on Directv site MLB TV is part of the EI package? I'm there now and can't find it. 

2-HR24-500
SWM Slimline Dish, MRV Ethernet, media share
70" Sharp AQUOS LC70LE640U
55"LG LH90, 47"JVC LCD's 32" Vizio plasma.
Onkyo SR876 SR receiver

#129 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Where does it say on Directv site MLB TV is part of the EI package? I'm there now and can't find it. 

Its not on there.  Some have said to have seen a DirecTV commercial that says it but their website is not updated yet.  They are running out of time too.  I do not understand how they can air it on TV but not have it on the website and the employees know nothing of it when we call in about it either.  I am tired of explaining what the hell MLB.TV is.

Sony KDL-46HX800

#130 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,046 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Its not on there.  Some have said to have seen a DirecTV commercial that says it but their website is not updated yet.  They are running out of time too.  I do not understand how they can air it on TV but not have it on the website and the employees know nothing of it when we call in about it either.  I am tired of explaining what the hell MLB.TV is.

The season doesn't even start for a couple weeks ... why not just wait? "I am tired of explaining what the hell MLB.TV is." - Are you calling everyday or something?

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#131 OFFLINE   camo

camo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

I just called and it's not part of the package currently, according to CSR. I went ahead and removed the auto renew for this year. 

2-HR24-500
SWM Slimline Dish, MRV Ethernet, media share
70" Sharp AQUOS LC70LE640U
55"LG LH90, 47"JVC LCD's 32" Vizio plasma.
Onkyo SR876 SR receiver

#132 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

The season doesn't even start for a couple weeks ... why not just wait? "I am tired of explaining what the hell MLB.TV is." - Are you calling everyday or something?

I have called two times.  The first was to ask when I would be billed for it and that was about 2 weeks ago and then again a few days ago specifically to ask about the MLV.TV portion.  I am waiting.  Why have a commercial out if the reps know nothing and the website is not up to date either.  Wouldnt you think call volume would pickup based on the commercial?

Sony KDL-46HX800

#133 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Wasted ten minutes of my life calling CSR today. She and supervisor knew nothing outside the old scripts. I have stopped auto renewal on MLB.TV and am waiting for info from Directv. I am surprised at the lack of push. 

#134 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 730 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

random thought...is it possible fios has mlb.tv included but directv doesn't?  here's my thinking...fios (and other cable companies, inDemand basically) pushed to get it included since they don't have enough channels during hockey season when the channels overlap, and they don't have all the games in HD.  so, they include mlb.tv to fill that gap and get their customers 1) all games, even when hockey season is going on and 2) all the games in HD.

i'm hoping that's not it, but it could be a feasible scenario...thoughts?

#135 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

random thought...is it possible fios has mlb.tv included but directv doesn't?  here's my thinking...fios (and other cable companies, inDemand basically) pushed to get it included since they don't have enough channels during hockey season when the channels overlap, and they don't have all the games in HD.  so, they include mlb.tv to fill that gap and get their customers 1) all games, even when hockey season is going on and 2) all the games in HD.

i'm hoping that's not it, but it could be a feasible scenario...thoughts?

I am guessing it is included with DirecTV for two reasons.  The first is that people have seen it in DirecTV commercials and the other reason being that if nothing was changing in the package, why wouldnt their website be fine the way it is already?  We are what 3 weeks away from the regular season now and still don't know what DIrecTV plans to do for this season.

Sony KDL-46HX800

#136 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 730 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

I am guessing it is included with DirecTV for two reasons.  The first is that people have seen it in DirecTV commercials and the other reason being that if nothing was changing in the package, why wouldnt their website be fine the way it is already?  We are what 3 weeks away from the regular season now and still don't know what DIrecTV plans to do for this season.

oh, i agree that eventually it will likely be included - i'm just throwing out a feasible explanation as to why one would include it but the other wouldn't.

#137 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

oh, i agree that eventually it will likely be included - i'm just throwing out a feasible explanation as to why one would include it but the other wouldn't.

Contract negotiations and money would be the top two in my book.

Sony KDL-46HX800

#138 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

OK ...so I filled out a long online survey for DirecTV as a long time customer the other day and at the end it asked me about the last time I had accessed the website -- which happened to be to find out about MLB.TV inclusion with Extra Innings -- and I had said it had not answered my question they asked if they could call me back about the survey and I said sure.  they did call me back about the survey and left me a number and a pin number for my call back.  I just dialed in and got the "office of the President"  or executive escalations as most call centers refer to that top group that deals with only the biggest issues, anyway I asked about the ad saying that MLB.TV was going to be included and that Fios was including it and that I wanted to know how we would access it and when that access would be up so that I can cancel my MLB.TV premium before the season starts.  She went away for about 5 minutes to research and came back with nothing at all, she will call me the second anything with Extra Innings or MLB.TV is updated but for now there is zero info on it.

I will keep you posted!

BTW I am both an Extra innings and MLB.TV subscriber each and every year and have been every season the packages have been offered since they began.

#139 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 730 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

BTW I am both an Extra innings and MLB.TV subscriber each and every year and have been every season the packages have been offered since they began.

both?  that seems like a huge waste of money...why not spend $150 on a slingbox? you'd have basically the same thing...

#140 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

while I do not have both, I love my sling box(s), but it is not the exact same as mobile access on MLB ATBAT. 

I wonder if there are issues on authenticating for MLB that has things hung up for now? Seems weird that we have no sign up system in place.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...