Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Is There A Roku Or Similar Streaming Device That Works With DISH Anywhere?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jeremybe

jeremybe

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the reply Stewart - But can I use a standard Sling 350 with the Hopper and then use the Slingplayer Software? Is that all I need?  It doesn't somehow "detect" that its connected to a hopper and make me use Dish Anywhere? 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,699 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

I can't put my finger on anyone specifically using a Sling 350 with a Hopper but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work.  The only "catch" I can think of off the top of my head is that I don't believe the Sling 350 has an HDMI input... if I'm right, then that means you would have to use the Hopper's component output... but that might be a "bonus" if you have that Hopper using HDMI to an HDTV already anyway.

There may be some functionality differences but I can't think of anything that you wouldn't be able to do using a Sling 350 instead of the Sling adapter.

The Hopper w/ Sling built-in is where there is a definite feature advantage since only that model allows the transfer of recordings to your iPhone/iPad mobile device...  neither the sling adapter or the standalone slingbox would give you that feature on the original Hopper.

But for your purposes if you mainly just want the sling features AND want to be able to use Slingplayer software... you should be good to go.

Oh, the other thing...  Dish Anywhere is free for everyone... but the iPhone/iPad Slingplayer app costs money last I checked...  I do not know if Dish Anywhere will work with a slingbox, but it might.  Maybe someone with a slingbox can chime in on that point.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#23 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,958 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

How is Vulkano Flow set up with a Dish Anywhere?

It is not. DISH Anywhere supports only Slingloaded devices (ViP922, HWS and Sling Adapter).

As conventional Slingboxen used to be supported and aren't any longer, it seems unlikely that Monsoon support will ever be added.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#24 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

The Vulkano Flow works, but the iPad app is badly in need of an update.

#25 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,958 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

The Vulkano Flow works, but the iPad app is badly in need of an update.

While the Vulkano Flow works with DISH receivers, I'm pretty sure that it does NOT work with DISH Anywhere.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

Protected By... spam firewall...And...