Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pause service w/211k & EHD

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

Hi folks! We're in the process of "cutting the cord" and meanwhile have paused our Dish service. We only have the 211K and a small EHD. We've left everything hooked up while pondering.  It appears we have some basic and freeview/preview channels and access to our recordings. Does anyone else have experience with this type of situation? Wondering whether the EHD access can continue unabated, at least as far as viewing previously stored content.

Thanks for looking.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,720 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

At some point in the next few weeks, you'll probably lose access to your recordings.  Those with real DVRs typically do.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   MCHuf

MCHuf

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

At some point in the next few weeks, you'll probably lose access to your recordings.  Those with real DVRs typically do.

Not true. We have a 722K and paused our Dish service for over 3 months this past summer. We had total access to all of recordings for the entire time. We were able to record all the free preview channels too. Now I don't know how the 211K w/EHD will work, but real dvrs still work.

#4 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

As long as the service is on "PAUSE" and not cancelled it should continue to work, for the $5 per month you should get something.

#5 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Revisiting this topic, since we're still "pondering" , and wonder if there's any official limit to the length of time you're allowed to pause, and whether it's variable by caprice of CSR or account status. Any thoughts you'd care to share would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

#6 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,720 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Search could be your friend.

http://www.dbstalk.c...885-dish-pause/
  • karrank% likes this

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#7 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

Search could be your friend.

http://www.dbstalk.c...885-dish-pause/

Thanks, I actually did search, just not those exact terms, I guess.

#8 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Just to satisfy my curiosity, chatted with a CSR who told me there's a maximum nine-month period for dish pause.

So if anybody else was wondering, there ya go.

Also, we have complete access to the EHD, get some small amount of programming including any freeview/previews that might be on offer.

We have til November to decide whether to keep Dish. So far, The Roku (2XS) with Pandora, netflix, hulu plus, and MLB along with our OTA locals seems to be filling the couch entertainment nook well enough, knocking down our $60 monthly to $25 -- about $16  when the MLB sub expires.

Nothing earth-shattering but an easy way to modify the lifestyle.

#9 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Registered
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

Anything I want to keep for good, I dub from the 211k to a DVD. Only in SD, but still I have it.

• karrank% likes this

#10 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

feel free to PM any advice there, I'm still "pondering" how to proceed with the disposition of the EHD contents prior to November. thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...