Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Entertainment Classic package vs Entertainment package

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,430 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:58 AM

I would say that is very likely an error on the site, if you notice in my screenshot above in post #17 Select has the same line below the price as well. You have never in the past that I can remember had to enter into a new contract to downgrade/upgrade a base package... Normally the "for 12 months with 24-MO. agreement" line is only shown on the package pricing page for new customers.

attachicon.gifDirecTV New Customers packages.PNG

The very bottom of the screenshot says "New Customers"

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

How could DTV allow something so simple get so complicated? Just another reason why Ala-carte programming is so desperately needed. I think over time they have ended up confusing themselves......

#23 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

So you are saying that the Entertainment Package has 11 or 12 channels less than the Classic Package even though the Classic Package costs $1 less? Very strange.

No, saying 11 or 12 different from what I recall, not necessarily less.  For example, a few in Classic not in Entertainment and vice versa.  Going off memory here.

DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#24 OFFLINE   john262

john262

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

I would say that is very likely an error on the site, if you notice in my screenshot above in post #17 Select has the same line below the price as well. You have never in the past that I can remember had to enter into a new contract to downgrade/upgrade a base package... Normally the "for 12 months with 24-MO. agreement" line is only shown on the package pricing page for new customers.

attachicon.gifDirecTV New Customers packages.PNG

It looks like you are essentially correct. I talked to a CSR and she confirmed that my contract has not been been extended for having been grandfathered to the Entertainment Classic Package. She also acknowledged that there has been some confusion over that based upon the wording on the website. I also asked her why both both Entertainment Classic and Entertainment have the same channel lineup and she had no information about that.

While I had a warm body from Directv on the phone I also let her know that I don't miss TWC and I hope they never bring it back.

#25 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:36 AM

Okay so I was looking at the differences between an Entertainment channel lineup dated back 4/19/12 to the current one. I believe the following are the grandfathered channels to only those with Entertainment Classic (note: I am not guaranteeing this is 100% accurate).

AMC
CNBC World
GSN
ION Television East
ION Television West
LMN
OWN
Travel Channel
Turner Classic Movies (TCM)
TV Guide Network (TVGN)
UP
WE tv

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#26 OFFLINE   mmmason23

mmmason23

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Shoot, I was just looking at changing to the entertainment package to save a few bucks only to find out amc isn't in it anymore. Darn

#27 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,390 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

Shoot, I was just looking at changing to the entertainment package to save a few bucks only to find out amc isn't in it anymore. Darn

but of course, there is always THAT channel...

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#28 OFFLINE   jharperweb

jharperweb

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Okay so I was looking at the differences between an Entertainment channel lineup dated back 4/19/12 to the current one. I believe the following are the grandfathered channels to only those with Entertainment Classic (note: I am not guaranteeing this is 100% accurate).

AMC
CNBC World
GSN
ION Television East
ION Television West
LMN
OWN
Travel Channel
Turner Classic Movies (TCM)
TV Guide Network (TVGN)
UP
WE tv

Found a list with a few more. I have the Entertainment Classic package, too.

3NET

Hallmark Movie Channel

http://www.directv.c...el_Listings.pdf

#29 OFFLINE   txchopper

txchopper

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

If you don't want to lose those channels shown in the above post do not change..its a typical directv switchup .. I repeat you will lose those channels above if you switch from classic..( I know its show the same channels on website but it is BS)

#30 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Ha!  I just had the same realization.  Was all set to downgrade to Entertainment, but no AMC.  Now I'll have to wait till Mad Men's over.

#31 OFFLINE   crazywater

crazywater

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

So I wanted to add HBO to my Entertainment Package and got a message that I had to change my package in order to make the switch.  I saw that I had Entertainment Classic instead of Entertainment.  I did a quick compare on the packages and did not see any difference so I made the switch to the new Entertainement package and then added HBO.  Then the next day discovered that the chart on the website was wrong and I lost AMC makeing the switch.  So I had to up my package again to Choice in order to get it back.  So I ended up increasing my package by $38.99 ($10 increase to Choice and $18.99 for HBO) in order to watch Game of Thrones and keep AMC.  Nice. 

#32 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

Call DIRECTV and go back if you can.

#33 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Call DIRECTV and go back if you can.

you can't go back on expired packages. You can of course, request a credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#34 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

I would think they could fix it within a small window. Actually in sure someone could by it might not be easy. I'm sure if he had called he could have added HBO without changing packages.

#35 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

This is the way grandfathered packages work...if you want to make a change to add or delete services, you need to go to a current package.

#36 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,766 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

This is the way grandfathered packages work...if you want to make a change to add or delete services, you need to go to a current package.

Online yes, but I never had a problem adding or removing HBO via phone when I was on a grandfathered package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#37 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

you can't go back on expired packages. You can of course, request a credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have 30 days to go back to a grandfathered package of u call in and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#38 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

You have 30 days to go back to a grandfathered package of u call in and ask.

Are you 100% sure about this?

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#39 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Are you 100% sure about this?

I'm 437% sure. lol

Edited by Devo1237, 28 April 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#40 OFFLINE   skoolpsyk

skoolpsyk

Mentor

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

I added the HDextra pack for the three month free trial and went to cancel it before I had to start paying. Was not able to do it online and when I called in I found out I had to switch to a current package. Thought I was getting something for free but ended up paying for it big time over the long run...

spam firewall