Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sochi Olympic App is now up on the hopper

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

sochi olympic app is up right now on the hopper but the hopview is not working at the moment.will ley you know when it is working.

Thanks

Allen bluegras

Illinois

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   722921

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

What is it supposed to do?

Hopper feeds the 73" Mitz WD-73640 3D DLP/1080p (and 19" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 1 feeds the 62" Mitz WD-62628 DLP/1080P (and 16" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 2 feeds the new 40" Specter LCD black friday special
Dish America Pkg

#3 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

it has the medal count,profiles and tweets from the olympics atheletes.the schedule for the olympics.and a couple  of other things.

Thanks

Allen

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,594 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

HopView is the mosaic ... finally, a mosaic channel on the Hopper!
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 926 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

works great thank you dish
just hope they keep it around after the olympics
maybe make it an all NEWS Mix channel before lunch
and an all SPORTs mix after lunch
then an all movie mix channel during prime time
"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,594 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

I do not expect to see them changing the mix throughout the day after the Olympics. If it sticks around (and I hope it does) I'd expect it to be the same mix as the DISH Home channel 100 on non-Hopper receivers. Whatever six channels DISH wanted to promote there.
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

i wonder if during non olympic times if these channels are paying to be here?
I mean there seems to be no pattern to what is there it is not all news sports or movies.
It is almost like this is a paid commercial.
I think dish should have theme mix channels like other systems do, News, Sports, Kids ect
I dont need an other commercial advertisement channel.
Remember I am talking about times when there is no summer or Winter Olympics
"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,594 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

The original DISH mosaic (non-Hopper) is a launchpad for apps. The Hopper has different launchers ... the blue button available at any time one is watching TV as well as the Apps option on the menu.

The channels on DISH Home seem random ... I recall seeing news channels near elections. If channels pay for the extra exposure of being on a "home" channel I suppose they could buy placement there.

#9 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

James or anyone: Dish channel 207 has a bad info about SOCCI. USA (ch 105) If i'm not mistaken, never had olympic coverage in past few weeks. What's up with this?

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,594 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

USA has had coverage. I still have a recording of some of the coverage from last week of from USA.

#11 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,887 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

USA had the USA Hockey game at noon ET today. They usually have coverage during the daytime when CNBC and msnbc can't.

spam firewall