Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

cant delete threads I started

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,765 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Shouldn't one be allowed to delete a thread you started.  I have duplicate threads in the DirecTV general forum due to a stupid tapatalk error.  The system says I am not allowed to delete them.

I only need one of those threads.

Here's my post about the tapatalk error.

http://www.dbstalk.c...pp-not-working/

I just don't want to look like a spammer with multiple threads on the same thing just because the tapatalk app presented an error that made me think it didn't go through.

Edited by cypherx, 08 February 2014 - 06:57 PM.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,883 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Is there anything we can do either to limit the issue or get the developer to fix it? Not sure if flood control would help.

#3 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

It seems like tapatalk thinks I am flooding and gives me a post error. It says that I need to wait 28 seconds. So I do and hit post again and same message pops up. Little do I know that the thread actually posted. So all the retries actually went through, I guess for now I just ignore this error and tell it not to save as a draft for next time.

In fact when I post this reply it will say that I can't post for 28 seconds I bet. Then I will dismiss it, force kill the app, go back in, refresh and it will be there.

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#4 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Oh ok that post went right through. It's when creating NEW topics tapatalk gives an error (but the new thread is created anyway). Replies to existing do not have the issue.

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#5 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,735 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

One other thing that needs to be fixed is the ability to edit thread titles that you start.

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,714 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

Shouldn't one be allowed to delete a thread you started.  I have duplicate threads in the DirecTV general forum due to a stupid tapatalk error.  The system says I am not allowed to delete them.

If no one has posted to a thread then the thread starter should be able to delete it. Whether or not Tapatalk supports that function is a different problem. I have noticed several batches of multiple thread starting posts from different users over the past few weeks - I normally just delete the duplicates and go on with life. Perhaps you could not delete the duplicates because a moderator took care of them?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

James, there must be a setting that needs to be changed.  I created a thread, I do have a Topic Moderation button and when i click it I do get a delete button but when I select that and confirm I wish to delete I get this:

You do not have permission to delete this topic.

Need Help?

My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

I am not aware that we ever allowed a post that starts a thread to be deleted anytime with our a mod.  If the first post is removed, so is the rest of the thread.  As such, if someone gets upset or something, they could remove a great thread.

I did not even think it allowed for a thread to be removed even before a post was made. (though I could be wrong on that as it has been a long time even thinking about this.)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...