Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Splitting from hd satellite

splitting hd signal swm

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,597 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

Might be a poor guess.

A single receiver [DVR or not] doesn't get a SWiM install.

A non DVR will be a single coax off a legacy LNB.

A DVR will have two coax.

as of 3 years ago (give or take) all HD installs get SWM regardless of how many receivers are installed or what type of receiver.  Either LNB or Switch depending on the tuner count.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,597 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

I purchased more b band converters, have the coax but what kind of splitter do I need? There is only 1 output coming from dish. I know can't use standard splitter because kills signal. I guess when they installed my dish they didn't set me up with anything. No power inserter, multiswitch etc. I have done research & called Directv.I was told that some installs did not include any of things I need. They want to send someone out rather than answer my questions.

When they installed your system, DirecTV policy dictates that they set up for whatever equipment you have at the time of that installation and does not take into consideration of future needs 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#23 OFFLINE   keccars

keccars

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for input everyone. I did install DVR myself & have had it successfully activated for few months. My lnb is over 4 yrs old, so when I get a chance I'll check to confirm the additional outputs off lnb box. My dish is mounted on the ground so easy access.I live in the country so have had to re align a few times due to trees. So I'll be ok with that. I know I have 2 inputs on DVR so can record & watch different channels same time. I have b bands I need. I just kept getting told I needed the swm. Even by DirecTV.

#24 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,745 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

c'mon

you got more then you need in the posts

forget the "SWM need" words, go to your pole and make your two cables to the DVR.

how many days of mood swaying you need ? :)

you missed already whole weekend

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: splitting hd signal, swm

spam firewall