Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My HR34 continues changing channels even when I finish channel surfing.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mkdtv21

mkdtv21

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Since the last two updates on my HR34 if I channel surf for a while constantly hitting channel up, when I stop hitting it it will still continue to change channels going up and won't stop until I hit the channel button again. It is really annoying since I like to surf through all the channels all the time. Is this an issue with the current updates or is it something with my receiver.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,749 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Are you sure is not just the button getting stuck?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   mkdtv21

mkdtv21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

I don't think its the button because when I release the button it doesn't stay down. Could it be something internally wrong with the remote? So I guess no one else has this issue with their Genie.

#4 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Theres a thread talking about it here > http://www.dbstalk.c...ay#entry3214878

#5 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

It probably hasn't been talked about much, because most people don't "Channel Surf" anymore.  Now days most peope "Guide Surf" instead, they bring up the guide and then page through it looking for something they want to watch and then just change directly to that channel.  That or they are like me and the majority of their viewing is done watching recordings off their DVR.  I don't really even "Guide Surf" unless I am just looking to put something on the TV more as background noise when I am too busy to really give it 100% of my attention.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,483 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

Since the last two updates on my HR34 if I channel surf for a while constantly hitting channel up, when I stop hitting it it will still continue to change channels going up and won't stop until I hit the channel button again. It is really annoying since I like to surf through all the channels all the time. Is this an issue with the current updates or is it something with my receiver.

Have you tried getting the Guide on the screen and then use the Channel Up or Down to jump a page at a time ? This way you can read the titles and if something looks interesting go to it using the arrow buttons.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#7 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,248 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Have you tried getting the Guide on the screen and then use the Channel Up or Down to jump a page at a time ? This way you can read the titles and if something looks interesting go to it using the arrow buttons.

That is a fine idea. 

I gave up channel surfing once there was a scrollable Guide. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#8 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

If you are a channel surfer, then satellite tv is probably not the best service for you.  I have been with Directv since 97, and I qucikly became a guide surfer if I was looking for something watch as has been suggested by others.

Edited by CCarncross, 12 February 2014 - 11:35 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...