Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Extra Pack FREE trial Feb 13th - Feb 19th

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   directv newb

directv newb

Mentor

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

HD Extra Pack FREE trial  Feb 13th - Feb 19th   Channels  565-573  :righton:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 706 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for the info.

I am currently getting a free trial for 3 months, and you can get that 4 times a year.

Search option is your friend. :)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#3 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 564 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

Honestly, does anyone currently pay for the extra pack?

#4 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

I was until today.  I had the grandfathered Choice Xtra Classic package and it was too much of a PITA to call in and cancel it (I couldn't drop it online because I had a grandfathered package).

Today I went ahead and switched to the current Xtra package, so now I can drop and add the HD Extra package online whenever I want.

I decided that between the Xtra package being $1.50 a month cheaper and being able to drop the HD Extra package as needed was more important than the few channels I lost changing packages.

Edited by Beerstalker, 12 February 2014 - 12:14 PM.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#5 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 564 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

I was until today. I had the grandfathered Choice Xtra Classic package and it was too much of a PITA to call in and cancel it (I couldn't drop it online because I had a grandfathered package).

Today I went ahead and switched to the current Xtra package, so now I can drop and add the HD Extra package online whenever I want.

I decided that between the Xtra package being $1.50 a month cheaper and being able to drop the HD Extra package as needed was more important than the few channels I lost changing packages.

i have premier and I have to call to drop anything, but I just say cancel HD Extra pack at the prompt and it does so. I then log onto my account and add it back.

#6 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

That's strange that you have to call to drop it.  The HD Extra pack is about the only thing you should be able to drop though.  Everyone has to call to drop the other premiums like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, but the HD Extra pack you can usually cancel on the website unless you have a grandfathered package.  I know I used to be able to when I had the Premier package a few years ago.

Do you maybe have the grandfathered Premier package that came with free DVR service?

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#7 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 564 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

That's strange that you have to call to drop it. The HD Extra pack is about the only thing you should be able to drop though. Everyone has to call to drop the other premiums like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, but the HD Extra pack you can usually cancel on the website unless you have a grandfathered package. I know I used to be able to when I had the Premier package a few years ago.

Do you maybe have the grandfathered Premier package that came with free DVR service?

No. I think Everyone with Premier has to call to drop anything. That's OK with me, every time I call to drop the sports pack or starz I get some discount to get me to stay on premier.

#8 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

Yes, HONEST customers do.....

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,696 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hmmm, I am a "honest" customer but yet I don't pay for the HD extra pack, heck I don't even pay for any programming.... :rotfl:

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#10 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 564 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

Just how dumb can one person be? Do you really think Directv isn't aware that you can get the extra pack for free by canceling and re-adding it every three months? Who died and made you the guardian of morality?

#11 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

I still dont understand why after all these years directv still charges for this package. with verizon fios most of these channels are included in our ultimate pack which also includes cinemax,showtime,epix and the movie channel for $75.00 a month. It bothers me because i want to come back to directv but my wife does not want me to pay extra for those channels. She likes palladia,smithsonian, and sony movie channel. I think in the end i come back because she dont want me to pay $1000.00 to get the tivo pro and mini with lifetime,but she also doesnt want me to start another 2 year contract either! I cant win for losing!!!

#12 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

I still dont understand why after all these years directv still charges for this package. with verizon fios most of these channels are included in our ultimate pack which also includes cinemax,showtime,epix and the movie channel for $75.00 a month. It bothers me because i want to come back to directv but my wife does not want me to pay extra for those channels. She likes palladia,smithsonian, and sony movie channel. I think in the end i come back because she dont want me to pay $1000.00 to get the tivo pro and mini with lifetime,but she also doesnt want me to start another 2 year contract either! I cant win for losing!!!

WOW. What a deal for $75. I'd jump on that if verizon would install fios here, but that's not going to happen.

I'd stay where you're at, lucky guy.

chris

#13 OFFLINE   WB4CS

WB4CS

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

I do.

Well, I added it last month and received 3 months for free. After that I plan to keep it and keep paying for it. 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...