Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Greta Gerwig to star in How I Met Your Dad.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

http://www.eonline.c...-i-met-your-dad

Here we go again.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,354 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Your post lacks basic info surrounding

her death. - link provided not sufficient.

Please provide basic details. Thanks.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#3 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Who's death?

#4 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

She's never been on How I Met Your Mother, so I personally wouldn't really call it a spin-off, not sure why they do.  More like a sequel or something.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

No one died.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

FINALLY!!!

#7 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,193 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

Finally what?

#8 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Never heard of her. Haven't watched HIMYM for years, deleted over 40 eps at once. Either it got really annoying, or they started phoning it in, or I just outgrew it. Mabe a little of each. Could not wind through that insipid title song fast enough.

I think the contribution of Carter Bays and co. was that they added single-camera elements to the basic 4-camera sitcom. They would regularly shoot 50-60 separate setups for one half-hour ep. So it moved fast, in keeping with our ever-decreasing attention span.

But if you ask that basic question, "do you really want to spend time with these people?" I think the answer has to be "No." Maybe they would be interesting and half as annoying if the quality of writing had not deteriorated, but, unfriend, unfriend, unfriend, unfriend, etc.

I thought it was woefully miscast, especially the highly over-rated male leads. Cobie Smulders is certainly adorable (as is her name), but it really comes down to writing. 

Here is a prime example, Alison Hannigan was brilliant, even at age 29 playing a 16-yo improbably bisexual witch on BuffyTVS. Willow Rosenberg was really interesting, because she was a creation of the mind of Joss Whedon and his writing. But Alison Hannigan in this character could only be described by a 4-letter word that none of us could use on this forum. And also a 6-letter word we can use, completely BORING. And that character is NOT written by Joss Whedon.

So expectations for the sequel have been satisfactorily lowered. I don't expect much, but I would not complain about being pleasantly surprised.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#9 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Should have posted in the How I Met Your Mother thread. Was referring the the ending.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...