Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Will DirecTV ship me a HR44 to replace a defective HR34?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   anex80

anex80

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

So a couple of questions on how this works exactly. Do you just call up tech support and go through their troubleshooting steps until they deem you need a replacement? Also, do you have to have the protection plan in place to receive a replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

Depends on the issues you're experiencing.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#23 OFFLINE   anex80

anex80

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

For me it's mostly speed, pixelation on recordings(most notably NBC), and occasional lockups.

#24 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

If your pixelation issues are severe you have a good chance of getting a replacement. MY HR34-700 had sever pixelation/freeze up issues. I tried everything (resets, system test, change HDMI cables) but nothing worked. I saved the pixelated recordings, called DirecTV, explained my issue and the trouble shooting steps I took. They rolled out a truck. Tech swaped my HR34-700 with a HR44-200. I'm sure being a long term customer, having the Protection Plan, and having a account in good standing helped. My advice, save the pixelated recordings and perform the trouble shooting steps I took. If the trouble shooting steps fail to resolve your issue call DirecTV. Explain the issue and what you did to resolve it and mention the saved recordings that have pixelation.    

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#25 ONLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

So a couple of questions on how this works exactly. Do you just call up tech support and go through their troubleshooting steps until they deem you need a replacement? Also, do you have to have the protection plan in place to receive a replacement?

You don't need the PP you are paying for Service - Call and explain your problem and let them trouble shoot it over the phone and if that doesn't resolve the issue -they will schedule a service call for $50 and then the tech will be able to replace your HR34 With a Hr44 as he should have one on his truck

"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#26 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,682 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

You don't need the PP you are paying for Service - Call and explain your problem and let them trouble shoot it over the phone and if that doesn't resolve the issue -they will schedule a service call for $50 and then the tech will be able to replace your HR34 With a Hr44 as he should have one on his truck

But having the PP helps by avoiding to pay the $50.00 this time or any other time you might need service 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#27 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Still, I just know in my heart, if only 2 DirecTV trucks rolled this week in the whole country without an HR44 on board, one of those trucks would be at my house, and the other one would be next closest.

:coffee

#28 ONLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

But having the PP helps by avoiding to pay the $50.00 this time or any other time you might need service 

$7.99 a month X 12 =$95.88 A YR = $50 once Maybe every 2 -3 yrs is a better deal -Seeing when a service call is made the D* System is to be gone over to ensure no re-peat service calls :)

Upgraded to Genie 1/26 Tech told me the warehouse only has HR44 - then no longer get HR34's

"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#29 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,682 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

$7.99 a month X 12 =$95.88 A YR = $50 once Maybe every 2 -3 yrs is a better deal -Seeing when a service call is made the D* System is to be gone over to ensure no re-peat service calls :)

unfortunately it does not happen every time.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...