Changing the Receiver to RF:
Menu, Settings, Remote, choose IR/RF Setup and choose RF.
Taken from the manual:
Activating the RF Transmitter
To activate the RF transmitter on your DIRECTV Remote
Control, perform the following steps:
1. Locate the 12 digit Receiver ID (RID) number of your DIRECTV Receiver. You can find the RID number on the back panel of your receiver, or inside the CAM access door next to the reset button.
2. Write down the last six digits of the RID number.
3. Slide the mode switch to DIRECTV, AV1, or AV2.
4. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the selected switch flashes twice and release both keys.
5. Using the number keys, enter 9 6 1. (The green light flashes twice.)
6. Press and release CHAN. (The green light flashes twice.)
7. Using the NUMBER keys, enter the the last six digits of the RID number. (See step 2 above.)
8. Press and release the SELECT key. (The green light flashes twice.)
Edited by jimmie57, 12 February 2014 - 12:30 PM.