Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV remote usage on Samsung UN46f6400

Samsung DirecTV UN46f6400 dvr playlist

Best Answer coolman302003 , 15 February 2014 - 04:33 AM

This post by RAD might help you

I have RVU running in kitchen on a new Samsung UN40F6400AF.  Works great.  No issues other that the fact that I have no access to the playlist and rew/ffwd and other options with this new smart remote.  Basically no dvr functionality.  Just live tv and full directive guide.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Order the RC71 remote control, program it with code 54000 and you'll have all the DIRECTV functions available.

You might also want to read through that thread if you have any other issues to discuss/report.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Major_Sirius

Major_Sirius

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

Hi all! I am new to the forum so if this has been discussed previously let me apologize in advance. 

I just received a Samsung UN46f6400 TV that I have in an upstairs office. Downstairs I have an DirecTV HR-34 DVR. I have RVU enabled on the new Samsung. I would like to know how I can use the DirecTV remote to control the DVR functions, if possible. Despite programming the DirecTV remote to control the Samsung, all I can get the DirecTV remote to do is power on/off, raise & lower the volume, and access the Samsung menu. Selecting "List"  on the DirecTV remote does nothing. This is true if the slider is to the left or the right.

I'd appreciate input.

Thank you,

Scott

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:33 AM   Best Answer

This post by RAD might help you

I have RVU running in kitchen on a new Samsung UN40F6400AF.  Works great.  No issues other that the fact that I have no access to the playlist and rew/ffwd and other options with this new smart remote.  Basically no dvr functionality.  Just live tv and full directive guide.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Order the RC71 remote control, program it with code 54000 and you'll have all the DIRECTV functions available.

You might also want to read through that thread if you have any other issues to discuss/report.

• Major_Sirius likes this

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

I don't think you can use the old white remote to control the RVU part of the TV.  you can use the Samsung Remote or get an RC71

Attached Files

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   Major_Sirius

Major_Sirius

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Got the RC71. Works pretty well but I do miss the "stop" button not being there. Thanks all!

#5 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,270 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Got the RC71. Works pretty well but I do miss the "stop" button not being there. Thanks all!

From my read on this site, that has to be the number one complaint of the RC71 remote.   Maybe someday when the next model comes along, we can have a Stop button again.  I miss it too.

#6 OFFLINE   Narnboy1

Narnboy1

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

Try pressing exit

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Not again!  :bang

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Samsung, DirecTV, UN46f6400, dvr, playlist

Protected By... spam firewall...And...