Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DISH 722k Future

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

For those of us that hope to continue using the DISH 722k receiver, will DISH continue to support it for quite a while yet or is an end of life anticipated any time soon?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

soon it happen, but looks like it could lasts 10+ years if it follow DP501's life cycle

#3 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

The 622/722/722K still meets all the requirements needed to receive DISH signals.  It doesn't have the glamorous advertising campaign the Hopper is experiencing but it still does everything it did when you bought it.  Enjoy it and save your upgrade money.

#4 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

I am a big fan of the 722K and its ability to provide two independent RF modulated outputs to your whole home without STB fees.  I also like being able to record up to 4 programs at once (2 satellite and 2 OTA) with the OTA module and watch from a computer or iPhone with the Sling adapter.  I pay for my programming plus the DVR fee of $7/mo.  If I had a Hopper and 3 Joeys, I would be paying a $12 DVR fee plus $21 for the Joeys.  

This makes a lot of sense if you are a two person household with multiple TVs around your house and don't mind SD for the remote TVs.

I assume they are still manufacturing the 722K and I hope they continue to offer it for the foreseeable future.

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#5 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

I mirror both RF channels on my 722 and love the reliability of the RF remote (only works tuner 2, but still handy having tuner 1 at all TVs in house).

Wish my D* RF remote worked as well.

#6 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

722K's are no longer manufactured new. Only refurbs as replacments.

#7 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 296 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

For those of us that hope to continue using the DISH 722k receiver, will DISH continue to support it for quite a while yet or is an end of life anticipated any time soon?

Jim148,

You will still continue to get support and if you need replacement remote(s) or the receiver itself you can do that as well.

If you have any further DISH questions please let me know and I am happy to help you!

Thanks

#8 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

I mirror both RF channels on my 722 and love the reliability of the RF remote (only works tuner 2, but still handy having tuner 1 at all TVs in house).

Wish my D* RF remote worked as well.

You can get your RF remote to work the TV1 output by removing the battery cover, pull out the blue and green tab at the bottom of the remote and flip it around so the green TV1 side is showing.  Some of my remotes are set to TV1 and some are TV2.  If I want to watch the other output from one of my TVs, I just borrow a remote from another room and change the channel on the TV.

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

spam firewall