Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Two Clients in the Same Room

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

You're absolutely right, I stand corrected.  I have a SWM 16 with it's four legacy ports feeding my SWM8.  I apologize for my ignorance on what I thought I had.

Ok, now that will work just fine.  :D

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Yep. Although I can't think of any reason to bother with it with what you have now. Just use the swim16 and disconnect the simw8 for now. You aren't using enough tuners to need more than the swim16.

#23 OFFLINE   am3211

am3211

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Yep. Although I can't think of any reason to bother with it with what you have now. Just use the swim16 and disconnect the simw8 for now. You aren't using enough tuners to need more than the swim16.

I do it to diplex the OTA input on the SWM8 to the HR24(AM21) and the HR20.

#24 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,917 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

You're absolutely right, I stand corrected.  I have a SWM 16 with it's four legacy ports feeding my SWM8.  I apologize for my ignorance on what I thought I had.

Okay, that's better. Even with this though, I would run them in parallel using four green label splitters. Less loss that way than using the legacy ports on the 16.

#25 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

I do it to diplex the OTA input on the SWM8 to the HR24(AM21) and the HR20.

I'd still disable the swim8 and use a regular diplex to get the signal In instead of the swim8 over the air input myself. No need to run a 21 v power supply and add more heat or no reason and as Carl said you lose some signal that way.

But hey if it's all working perfect!!!! ;)

#26 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,749 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

I'd still disable the swim8 and use a regular diplex to get the signal In instead of the swim8 over the air input myself. No need to run a 21 v power supply and add more heat or no reason and as Carl said you lose some signal that way.

But hey if it's all working perfect!!!! ;)

What I gather is the the OP has 4 DVRs (one being a Genie) and is using DECA for two of them (on the SWM16) and using the SWM plus OTA on the other two.  I wonder if dipexing "one side" of the SWM16 affects the "other side" that is using DECA

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#27 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

I think he's using the swim8 since it has the port for diplexing.

And no reason it should since diplexing is directional.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...