Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish cuts WWE PPVs?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Becuase the network is the whole reason for this mess. It's basic math. One source (the network) is providing ALL of the PPVs, for $9.99 a month, WWE is forcing the other source (iNDemand, DirecTV and if they still carried the PPVs, Dish) to charge around $60 for the PPVs. Unless the entire country doesn't care about their money and just wants to line Vince's pockets, it's going to affect the buy rates, even if Dish still carried the PPVs.

not every home has internet not everyone get strong enff Internet to stream this content. he said its up to each company to carry it if they don't want too then it's there 50% they are losing!

and I having not seen Dish or any other companying stopping people from bootlegging these PPV on there systems that why he took in house why share the profits if they aren't going to help him!

Edited by dish556, 19 March 2014 - 06:06 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,553 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Just a friendly moderator warning as things seem to be heating up here.  Please talk about the problem and not each other.  Thanks!

-- !rotaredoM mA eM

What I do when I'm not here

#78 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,821 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

not every home has internet not everyone get strong enff Internet to stream this content. he said its up to each company to carry it if they don't want too then it's there 50% they are losing!

What's your definition of strong enough internet? The WWE Network uses dynamic bitrate streaming so it works with a connection as slow as 2G cellular. Even with satellite you can watch one PPV a month and barely make a dent in the cap at one of the lower bitrates. Of those actually affected, how many of those people are WWE fans, how many of them are WWE fans who order the PPVs instead of waiting 24 hours for Raw when most of the card from the night before fights eachother in rematches, how many of them would see the lack of PPVs a deal breaker? Of those how many subscribe to Dish? Is that number enough to justify the cost it takes to carry the PPVs?

And again, as has been stated several times, the cost to carry the PPVs is NOT free. There is a point where it would cost more to carry the PPVs than you would get back on the 50% cut. The real test will be after WrestleMania when we see the first post-network buy rate. Will iNDemand join in on DirecTV's previous threat? Will WWE see the combined threat and agree to lower the price of the PPVs to make it competitive? (i.e. lower the price of the PPVs so instead of the network costing the same as 2 PPVs, it will now cost the same as 4)

and I having not seen Dish or any other companying stopping people from bootlegging these PPV on there systems that why he took in house why share the profits if they aren't going to help him!

What do you mean? If you mean removing your phone line and lying about it so you can order PPVs without a call back, there is a limit before the receiver automatically disables the ability to order PPV until the next call back.

If you mean illegal streams, WWE is constantly on top of that. (It also helps that Michelle Beadle begs for sites to watch them for free on twitter and then posts an instagram of her watching said site)

If you mean file sharing, the WWE Network didn't stop it at all. Nearly EVERY classic PPV on the network appeared online within a week of the network launching, NXT Arrival appeared online within hours.

#79 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 18,045 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Show me where they split the income or these events in half. That's te big thing. I doubt it. I bet that it's maybe half after paying a minimum to wwe to carry it in the first place plus add in how much it costs to carry it.

#80 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,821 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

Show me where they split the income or these events in half. That's te big thing. I doubt it. I bet that it's maybe half after paying a minimum to wwe to carry it in the first place plus add in how much it costs to carry it.

I can't provide a link since it's in a password protected affiliate section on iNDemand's site, but they list a split of 50% for most PPV events, a minimum license fee and a suggested retail price.

It was also mentioned in some articles about the dispute with Dish and DirecTV's threat to drop them on industry sites like Multichannel, Broadcasting and Cable and Variety.

Edited by KyL416, 19 March 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#81 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,639 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:16 AM

I know for a fact they are losing 460k on dish network end that a fact!

Source? Legitimate source?

http://www.ewrestlin...-grisham-update

That is a claim not a source of information. How does Ryan Clark or that site know how much DISH is losing? They need a source to back up that claim. A legitimate source - otherwise it is just as fair to say "DISH made a billion dollars more in profit by not carrying WWE". The words are empty without a source.

At the end of the argument it seems that your reason for DISH to carry WWE is personal preference. It seems you don't care if DISH makes a profit on the offering or not. It seems you don't care that WWE is undercutting DISH's profits by offering the content at a much reduced cost via alternative means. Customer's personal preferences does not make DISH carry channels.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#82 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

That is a claim not a source of information. How does Ryan Clark or that site know how much DISH is losing? They need a source to back up that claim. A legitimate source - otherwise it is just as fair to say "DISH made a billion dollars more in profit by not carrying WWE". The words are empty without a source.

At the end of the argument it seems that your reason for DISH to carry WWE is personal preference. It seems you don't care if DISH makes a profit on the offering or not. It seems you don't care that WWE is undercutting DISH's profits by offering the content at a much reduced cost via alternative means. Customer's personal preferences does not make DISH carry channels.

easy Ryan got his info from F4WOnline and the source from there call dish and found out how much money each side losing and have you heard the Customer is always right! we are paying them they aren't paying us by the way you are stick up for them way too much HMMM dish paid off people here or the people here work for Dish!

Your not paying me to watch your programing Dish so bring back the PPV or lower my bill it that easy because we lost too manying channels like STO and MSG and Voom channel and yet we get the same B.S. reason we did for your good BullS you did for your good to line your pockets with our money and I don't need you trolls  tell me S! because most people here work for the sat company's with uplink crap and other crap! so it a bunch of B.S. dish is done for the betterment of them I didn't see them fight UFC or any other App that give live TV feed! tell me other FN lie Dish!

I don't see the Sports pack being lower after losing MSG and other it's still now 11.00 per month!

http://about.dish.com/press-release/programming/dish-network-and-voom-reach-settlement

yea tell me another one dish Voom took to you and won!

http://en.wikipedia....Per_View_Events

Edited by dish556, 20 March 2014 - 07:13 AM.

#83 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Your not paying me to watch your programing Dish so bring back the PPV or lower my bill

If you stop watching PPVs, your bill will be lower.

#84 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,821 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

I didn't see them fight UFC or any other App that give live TV feed!

Did you ignore the replies last time you tried to bring the UFC thing up? UFC FightPass does NOT include the PPVs, you just get the prelims. You have to purchase the PPV events seperately at the SAME PRICE you would if you purchased them on TV:
http://www.ufc.tv/vi...s-vs-teixeira-2

Edited by KyL416, 20 March 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#85 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

If you stop watching PPVs, your bill will be lower.

Just a friendly moderator warning as things seem to be heating up here.  Please talk about the problem and not each other.  Thanks!

#86 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,639 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Since most of the heat has been coming from your posts, including large print posts where you are shouting, the best way to cool of the situation is for a moderator to close the thread.

You have had your opportunity to express your opinion on the loss of WWE PPV. Your plea for DISH to restore programming will stand as written.

Please consider the topic finished on this forum.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...