Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish cuts WWE PPVs?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:16 AM

I know for a fact they are losing 460k on dish network end that a fact!

Source? Legitimate source?

http://www.ewrestlin...-grisham-update

That is a claim not a source of information. How does Ryan Clark or that site know how much DISH is losing? They need a source to back up that claim. A legitimate source - otherwise it is just as fair to say "DISH made a billion dollars more in profit by not carrying WWE". The words are empty without a source.

At the end of the argument it seems that your reason for DISH to carry WWE is personal preference. It seems you don't care if DISH makes a profit on the offering or not. It seems you don't care that WWE is undercutting DISH's profits by offering the content at a much reduced cost via alternative means. Customer's personal preferences does not make DISH carry channels.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

That is a claim not a source of information. How does Ryan Clark or that site know how much DISH is losing? They need a source to back up that claim. A legitimate source - otherwise it is just as fair to say "DISH made a billion dollars more in profit by not carrying WWE". The words are empty without a source.

At the end of the argument it seems that your reason for DISH to carry WWE is personal preference. It seems you don't care if DISH makes a profit on the offering or not. It seems you don't care that WWE is undercutting DISH's profits by offering the content at a much reduced cost via alternative means. Customer's personal preferences does not make DISH carry channels.

easy Ryan got his info from F4WOnline and the source from there call dish and found out how much money each side losing and have you heard the Customer is always right! we are paying them they aren't paying us by the way you are stick up for them way too much HMMM dish paid off people here or the people here work for Dish!

Your not paying me to watch your programing Dish so bring back the PPV or lower my bill it that easy because we lost too manying channels like STO and MSG and Voom channel and yet we get the same B.S. reason we did for your good BullS you did for your good to line your pockets with our money and I don't need you trolls  tell me S! because most people here work for the sat company's with uplink crap and other crap! so it a bunch of B.S. dish is done for the betterment of them I didn't see them fight UFC or any other App that give live TV feed! tell me other FN lie Dish!

I don't see the Sports pack being lower after losing MSG and other it's still now 11.00 per month!

http://about.dish.com/press-release/programming/dish-network-and-voom-reach-settlement

yea tell me another one dish Voom took to you and won!

http://en.wikipedia....Per_View_Events

Edited by dish556, 20 March 2014 - 07:13 AM.

#83 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Your not paying me to watch your programing Dish so bring back the PPV or lower my bill

If you stop watching PPVs, your bill will be lower.

#84 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

I didn't see them fight UFC or any other App that give live TV feed!

Did you ignore the replies last time you tried to bring the UFC thing up? UFC FightPass does NOT include the PPVs, you just get the prelims. You have to purchase the PPV events seperately at the SAME PRICE you would if you purchased them on TV:
http://www.ufc.tv/vi...s-vs-teixeira-2

Edited by KyL416, 20 March 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#85 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

If you stop watching PPVs, your bill will be lower.

Just a friendly moderator warning as things seem to be heating up here.  Please talk about the problem and not each other.  Thanks!

#86 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Since most of the heat has been coming from your posts, including large print posts where you are shouting, the best way to cool of the situation is for a moderator to close the thread.

You have had your opportunity to express your opinion on the loss of WWE PPV. Your plea for DISH to restore programming will stand as written.

Please consider the topic finished on this forum.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...