Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

When Directv goes all mpeg4 will they still use 101,110 and 119?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

He's got an mpg box.

NO I HAVE AN APG BOX!!!!!

I have an RCA DRD 430rg -- ITS AN APG BOX :) (Otherwise I wouldnt get anything)

Its probably the activation system which keeps kicking Dude's receiver off after doing routine management and housekeeping scans as its instructed since those old MPG boxes are obsolete and should be turned off.

Ya maybe your right,I think the box listed on my account IS AN MPG BOX.. (The box I actually have is an APG box)

But you would think If they keep seeing me re-activating it THEY WOULD KNOW I AM GETTING PROGRAMMING!! (i dunno)

I dont like thier box,its not as fast,its not as nice as my RCA 430 (Which Im glad I found to replace my MPG box (RCA DRD 420re))

Edited by Dude111, 12 April 2014 - 04:09 PM.

• studechip likes this

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,011 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

There was another user who said that DirecTV had the MPG version of his model listed in his account instead of the APG version and had the same problem as a result.

If you login to your DirecTV account and go to My Equipment what does it say under Model?

#143 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

should we check if MPG's PIDs still carry legacy EPG ?

#144 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

NO I HAVE AN APG BOX!!!!!

I have an RCA DRD 430rg -- ITS AN APG BOX :) (Otherwise I wouldnt get anything)

Ya maybe your right,I think the box listed on my account IS AN MPG BOX.. (The box I actually have is an APG box)

But you would think If they keep seeing me re-activating it THEY WOULD KNOW I AM GETTING PROGRAMMING!! (i dunno)

I dont like thier box,its not as fast,its not as nice as my RCA 430 (Which Im glad I found to replace my MPG box (RCA DRD 420re))

All of those tenths of a second really add up, don't they.

#145 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

If you login to your DirecTV account and go to My Equipment what does it say under Model?

Yup it has my RCA 420 listed...... I dont know why they didnt update it to my RCA 430,quite strange....... I guess I can update that myself...

#146 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,175 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Yup it has my RCA 420 listed...... I dont know why they didnt update it to my RCA 430,quite strange....... I guess I can update that myself...

Nope;

You can change things such as the listed location of a receiver, but not the model number of it.

That has to be done on DIRECTV's end, and a CSR may not be able to do it either. But may be a system problem with properly identifying that older receiver model.  

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

Protected By... spam firewall...And...