Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGo Help.....

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

I misplaced the power adapter for my GenieGo..can someone please tell me the model number of the power adapter.. I called Directv and they could not tell me..I spent 30 with the associate and was transfered 3 times, but to no avail.
If you can give me the model number I can call them and order one..

Thanks...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,620 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

I misplaced the power adapter for my GenieGo..can someone please tell me the model number of the power adapter.. I called Directv and they could not tell me..I spent 30 with the associate and was transfered 3 times, but to no avail.
If you can give me the model number I can call them and order one..

Thanks...

you will need a generic one, as DirecTV will not send you just the power supply 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

I am willing to pay for it, but they don't know which is which

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

I am willing to pay for it, but they don't know which is which

Because they don't sell one

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,383 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

The training materials indicate that the GenieGo power port is labeled 12VDC at 1.5 amps.

Radio Shack likely stocks such an adapter and Amazon offers several with those ratings (although there's always a question about the plug fit)

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

I can answer your question

Directv Model No. MT18-E120150-A1

Output 12v at 1.5A, Center Conductor +

The barrel is not necessarily the most common one. Not unique but center pins on devices are different sizes.

If you go to Radio Shack or elsewhere, bring the GG hardware with you to ensure the connector seats properly.

Good Luck

#7 OFFLINE   P.R Bandit

P.R Bandit

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Evening people.. I'm new here, and registered to see if any1 can help me . I have Directv, HD Receiver and the Genie. It was sent to me without a Cinema Kit or deca. Finally after months I got both of them. Still can't connect it, so I watch what ever is on those recievers without sharing playlists. Its kool. I'm tired of trying. What I needed help with is, on the Cinema Kit's Modem, I'm pick up my Optimum Wifi signal, I can see it,  when I try to put in security key it reads error, not accepted. Now I know it's right. But it won't accept. Is that a Competotor's thing, not letting the other in?

Everybody's gonna hurt you. You just gotta find those worth suffering for.

#8 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,228 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

At the end of your key, don't use the right-arrow to move to the 'continue' box.  It adds a space incorrectly to the key.  Use the down arrow.

You can also connect the WCCK to a PC to program the unit to your wifi.  Plug it into an Ethernet connection and use the address your router assigns or use the 169.254.x.x. address mentioned in the doc.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#9 OFFLINE   P.R Bandit

P.R Bandit

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

At the end of your key, don't use the right-arrow to move to the 'continue' box.  It adds a space incorrectly to the key.  Use the down arrow.

You can also connect the WCCK to a PC to program the unit to your wifi.  Plug it into an Ethernet connection and use the address your router assigns or use the 169.254.x.x. address mentioned in the doc.

Is this for my question dennis?

Everybody's gonna hurt you. You just gotta find those worth suffering for.

#10 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Is this for my question dennis?

yes, make sure you don't accidentally insert a space by hitting RIGHT instead of DOWN to press CONTINUE

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#11 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

I hope someone can help with my problem. My geniego wont show me the playlist on my hr34. It sees the dvr but when I try to display the playlist it says there are no recorded programs at this time. I have restarted both. Pushed the reset on both the hr34 and the geniogo. I can see the playlist for both of my HR24-500. Unplugged both for about 10 minutes still nothing. I tried directv with no help there at all. It seems to have started when the last update came last Thursday for the HR34.

#12 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

Try holding the reset for GG for 30 seconds.  Or if you don't have a lot of transcodes, do a +2minute reset to defaults.

#13 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Thank you that worked. They did have me do the 30 second hold. That did not work. But the +2 minute one did the trick.

#14 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

I got an email today that my order has shipped from Directv. Looks like they are sending me a new genie. They didnt say they were going to do that yesterday. I have an HR34 fingers crossed it will be an HR44. If not going to ship it right back since I got my problem fixed.

#15 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

On the GenieGo you can insert a USB drive to expand the storage capacity..That I know..That I don't know is "what is the limit that the GenieGo will recognize via the usb connection"  I ask because you can pick up a usb thumb drive for $45  which will give you about 32GB of storage or you can can purchase a 500GB portable drive for around $60

I am really hoping for the latter as an answer.

Patrick

#16 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,459 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

On the GenieGo you can insert a USB drive to expand the storage capacity..That I know..That I don't know is "what is the limit that the GenieGo will recognize via the usb connection"  I ask because you can pick up a usb thumb drive for $45  which will give you about 32GB of storage or you can can purchase a 500GB portable drive for around $60

I am really hoping for the latter as an answer.

Patrick

I know of at least one DBSTalker that's using a 1TB USB drive without a problem.

Remember, tho, once the original show is deleted from your DVR, the transcoded copy in GenieGo storage will be automatically deleted as well.

/steve

#17 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

I've been using this drive since October 2011 with no issues.

http://www.amazon.co...t?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As Steve said though, once the recording is off your DVR it will get deleted off your Genie Go drive too, so you don't really need to go too big with the drive for it.  I can't remember how much space we figured out a genie go transcoded program takes, was it around 1 GB per 2 hours of material?  If so a 320GB drive like I have can hold over 600 hours of recordings.  That is way more than my 3 DVRs can hold so my drive is plenty big.  A 1TB drive would hold around 2000 hours of content, so unless you have multiple large drives hooked up to your DVRs there is probably no reason to go anywhere near that big.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#18 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

If you shop around, 32 Gb sticks are closer to $20.  I just replaced a 16Gb stick with a 32 and counting the 16 on GG, that's around 48Gb to carry around.  Lots of hours of programming!

#19 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

I have a 1TB drive on mine, I didn't buy the drive to use it for that though it was just the only flash/usb drive I had available. I have about 25GB used, but that number will go up as all the shows start back. I would say 32GB would be fine for most people and 64GB for people who record a ton and aren't home deleting stuff.

spam firewall