Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Starting to have trouble recording OTA channels on My Hopper w/Sling

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,237 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

I have the Hopper OTA module obviously, and up until recently it has worked great. However over the past couple of weeks it seems like a crapshoot whether it'll actually record what I tell it to. I'll set up a timer for an OTA channel and sometimes I get no recording, I'll go back to the history and it'll show it did record that channel during the time I told it to but there will be no recording on the DVR. That and after that happens whenever I try to tune in an OTA channel all I get is a black screen until I turn off the receiver and turn it back on, then my OTA's come back. Does this sound like maybe my OTA module is failing or is it a software update issue? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

Are you possibly having your reception interrupted?  I've seen issues with other receivers where a loss of signal sometimes causes blank channels.

Is it only on one channel, or are you seeing this on multiple channels?

#3 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,237 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

It happens on multiple OTA channels and when it does happen afterwards all my OTA channels are "black". Of course over this past weekend I had a couple of OTA recordings work perfectly, so who knows. I have seen in the past if my OTA module is tuned to a channel with a weaker signal it causes problems, but that was on my old 622, haven't seen that on my Hopper and the channels I've been recording off of are good strong ones who's signals shouldn't be an issue. Like I said my last couple worked fine so hopefully it was just one of those temporary glitches in the software or something.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

Protected By... spam firewall...And...