Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need DIRT (time sensitive)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Rec on my doorstep sometime today, boxes to return satellite receivers.  My address on them, not my name. I have gone to my acct and sent a message from the 'contact us' box, but I know that 'sometimes' that can take a while

I would like to have a Dirt member contact me to verify if it's just a matter of someone entering an incorrect address to have the boxes sent (and insure that everything is ok & no hacking onto my acct), and if they can provide me info on how to contact the person (or Dish contact them) so that they can get the boxes & return receivers promptly.  I know this has to be done within a limitied period of time.

I also know I can simply contact UPS to give the boxes back, but that could take time the Dish customer needs to get everything done on promptly

thanx

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Just worry about your account and return the boxes to DISH.  I had this happen and it was theorized that someone had used my address to get out of market locals.

Edited by RBA, 19 February 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

Thanks-I went 3 different routes to contact Dish

1) here  2) contact us-on the Dish webpage 3)message to them on their Facebook page

Got a reply to the fb message, and fellow there says I'm safe  - which is a relief because several years ago, my wifes Identity was stolen and someone opened a Dish acct in another city using her name.  When they moved to whereever they went, we got notice from Dish that we owed them about $500 (which was the first we knew that the ID had been hacked)!  Dish was uncooperative with us and wouldn't even give info to the police without a warrant!  They seemed more concerned with trying to collect from me than catching the fraudlent ID stealer.  Took about a year before they just dropped the charge to us-and they never did do anything to help catch the bad guys (who totally got away :( )

Didn't get so much as a 'sorry' from Dish-if anything it was like I should have just paid the bill and not bothered them.  First sign of any such thing going on again & I'm an EX Dish customer

Edited by CeeWoo, 20 February 2014 - 10:32 AM.

spam firewall