Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Adding On Demand button to Harmony remote

Harmony On Demand

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

I've complained about On Demand being buried in the menu settings quite a few times, but I've never seen a suggestion to create a one touch button on a Harmony to load On Demand without going through the menus. I was using the remote in the D* app on my phone today and noticed that there was an On Demand button.

I got the Google out on my computer and decided to look into adding the same button to my Harmony, and I learned that entering channel 1000 into my remote would take me straight to the On Demand menu. I added a simple sequence to my D* activity that punches in channel 1000 and assigned it to the long press on my DVR button.

You do have to watch channel 1000 fly by on the info overlay, but it's quick, and even on my old dog HR23 the On Demand menu loads much faster this way than when you wade through the menus to do it.

Watch Now has made On Demand a valuable feature for me, and now with one button access to it I'm a very happy camper right about now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

You can also key in respective OnDemand channels for quick access. Just add a 1 to the corresponding channel number.... to goto HBO OD press 1501. MTV OD 1331, etc...

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Harmony, On Demand

spam firewall