Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH SHS

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

What a complete joke this is.......    When I started installing satellite years ago you were expected to get there on time, install the equipment, educate the customer and close the job.    Rinse and repeat.........    Now it seems installers have to be salesmen too..  WTF?  If Dish wants you to sell this crap it should be sold by the salesmen that sign up the customers and they can ask you when you get there.   It shouldn't be another weight to affect your scores.........    You have enough things to do during the day than to worry about this garbage.................

SIG

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

... ??

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

The poster is referring to the fact that technicians are now scored on their ability to sell ancillary services, known as "Smart Home Services". These services range from $10 screen cleaning kits up to mounting TV'S on walls. Technicians are supposed to evaluate what might be useful for the customer, and then offer the appropriate product or service. Imagine the gall of Dish to actually try to further satisfy their customer! Shocking! Poster is just making the same juvenile objections that we heard 2 years ago when we first rolled out the program. Satinstallerguy, understand that your job will change over time, no matter what business you're in, and keep internal stuff internal.

Sent from my KFTT using DBSTalk mobile app
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of Dish Network.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,107 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

Some people do not want to be in sales. I understand. I did not like upselling customers in my previous jobs so I found something else to do for a living.

Personally: If I had a DISH tech out to install a satellite system and he started hitting me up for additional services at additional cost I'd be showing him the door (with no tip, of course). Then again the only time a DISH tech has been at my house he didn't get further than the driveway.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

The poster is referring to the fact that technicians are now scored on their ability to sell ancillary services, known as "Smart Home Services". These services range from $10 screen cleaning kits up to mounting TV'S on walls. Technicians are supposed to evaluate what might be useful for the customer, and then offer the appropriate product or service. Imagine the gall of Dish to actually try to further satisfy their customer! Shocking! Poster is just making the same juvenile objections that we heard 2 years ago when we first rolled out the program. Satinstallerguy, understand that your job will change over time, no matter what business you're in, and keep internal stuff internal.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make is juvenile......    Techs aren't salesmen.... Period.   It's just another way for Dish to pile more work on while paying the same.    It's great that Dish wants to satisfy their customers but this isn't the way to do it.     Same old response from a bean counter.........   

SIG

#6 OFFLINE   Grampa67

Grampa67

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

I had a tech that tried to sell me an optic cable to go from the dvr to the tv. Maybe I don't understand how the optic sound works.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#7 OFFLINE   greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:49 AM

Sorry, not a bean counter, have a tool belt and a hard hat just like you. 10+ years with the company. The sales goal is not outrageous, and is not designed to turn us into hard-core salespeople, or make our customers uncomfortable. James has it right, if you
won't sell, maybe you need another gig. Good luck to you.

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of Dish Network.

#8 OFFLINE   satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Sorry, not a bean counter, have a tool belt and a hard hat just like you. 10+ years with the company. The sales goal is not outrageous, and is not designed to turn us into hard-core salespeople, or make our customers uncomfortable. James has it right, if you
won't sell, maybe you need another gig. Good luck to you.

I don't Install for Dish,   I was just opining for those that are stuck doing that garbage........    There should be no sales goals for technicians period.    The job title is satellite installer, not salesman.  That's my point.     Next thing they will have you doing adding bundling packages to customers who ask about it......................     

SIG

#9 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

What a complete joke this is.......    When I started installing satellite years ago you were expected to get there on time, install the equipment, educate the customer and close the job.    Rinse and repeat.........    Now it seems installers have to be salesmen too..  WTF?  If Dish wants you to sell this crap it should be sold by the salesmen that sign up the customers and they can ask you when you get there.   It shouldn't be another weight to affect your scores.........    You have enough things to do during the day than to worry about this garbage.................

SIG

satinstallerguy,

One of the main reasons DISH decided to get into full home install was to help the people that are unable to setup or install their Flat Screen TV’s on the wall.

The installers want to offer the services they can provide so you don’t have to do anything but turn on the TV and enjoy!

I do understand you feel it should be done at the point of the sales or upgrade to equipment and I have forward your concerns along to be revaluated.

Thanks

#10 OFFLINE   yogi

yogi

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

What it sounds like, Is that dish wants a piece of the action. Instead of the installer making a deal with the customer to hang a TV, Dish wants you to sell the service of you hanging the TV.

#11 OFFLINE   heretoday1

heretoday1

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

satinstallerguy,

One of the main reasons DISH decided to get into full home install was to help the people that are unable to setup or install their Flat Screen TV’s on the wall.

The installers want to offer the services they can provide so you don’t have to do anything but turn on the TV and enjoy!

I do understand you feel it should be done at the point of the sales or upgrade to equipment and I have forward your concerns along to be revaluated.

Thanks

and now management is threatening techs with write-ups, poor annual evals, and possible termination for not meeting goals.

#12 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

and now management is threatening techs with write-ups, poor annual evals, and possible termination for not meeting goals.

You mean Dish wasn't like that before? That sounds like every place I've worked since 1980.

#13 OFFLINE   heretoday1

heretoday1

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

You mean Dish wasn't like that before? That sounds like every place I've worked since 1980.

now its preasure sales, manager wants to talk with cust when tech does not make a sale

Protected By... spam firewall...And...