Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22: 0x07E7, 0x047E7, 0x7EB Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for all HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22.

H2x:  0x7E7/0x47E7
HR2x:  0x7EB

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...-0x47e7-0x07eb/

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.
Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mrmojo

mrmojo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

My HR21-200 was updated the other morning to 0x7EB.  There is one new feature.  If you select "info" on a program it will now display "other showings" rather than "view upcoming".  This now displays VOD showings as well as regular airings of the selected program.

#3 OFFLINE   sbelmont

sbelmont

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

My HR21-200 was updated the other morning to 0x7EB.  There is one new feature.  If you select "info" on a program it will now display "other showings" rather than "view upcoming".  This now displays VOD showings as well as regular airings of the selected program.

I don't like the other showings change. It makes it hard to see upcoming shows on a channel for shows that are already in syndication in numerous other channels. They should have left View Upcoming as an option also.

#4 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

This feature was added to the Genie DVRs a few months ago.

#5 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

I noticed something new.  My HR21s both do this NOW, but never before.  If I go to "smart search", and select "recent searches", and then select OK on a previous search string to see what may be showing, when I press BACK, that search string has now been deleted from the previous searches list.  The searches should remain until I specifically delete them.  Has anyone else seen this?  It doesn't do this every time, but form a small sample, I'd say it was over 75% of the time.

Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#6 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Recent searches only keep the last 25.  I don't know why you are seeing them disappear though like that.

#7 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

OMG, got 7EB pushed to my HR24. How did this pass testing? SOOOO BROKEN.

1) "Other Showings" instead of "View Upcoming". Why would I want to see every single possible showing of a show (including syndication, VOD, SD, etc)? "View Upcoming" only showed the same channel. Try to do this on a show with many repeats / channels and this feature is completely unusable (i.e. Pawn Stars)

2) Can't record from "Other Showings" list... well, you can, but its broken and doesn't refresh the screen / show the icon, so you don't know if it actually took it.

3) Half the time the "Other Showings" doesn't update the program description or shows the wrong program description

4) Half the time the guide doesn't update the program description or shows the wrong program description

God I can't wait til my contract is up...

Edited by SledgeHammer, 01 March 2014 - 10:55 PM.

• Machael likes this

#8 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

AH, I haven't seen any of the issues you are saying, and I love that it will find all shows on any channel.  About dang time it did.

As for the other issue, I hadn't seen them either...When did it get pushed to you, maybe all the guide data isnt fully loaded yet?

#9 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

1) "Other Showings" instead of "View Upcoming". Why would I want to see every single possible showing of a show (including syndication, VOD, SD, etc)? "View Upcoming" only showed the same channel. Try to do this on a show with many repeats / channels and this feature is completely unusable (i.e. Pawn Stars)

Suppose you are in the Guide or channel surfing and you see a movie on [insert any premium movie channel here], the movie is already in progress but you would like to record the next airing. Well, previously when you check View Upcoming it would only check for the next airing on that specific movie channel, where as now it will search VOD, multiple multiplexes of the premium movie channels, completely different channels etc.

Previously, you would have to take the title of the movie and use Smart Search to see multiple airings across multiple channels/VOD.

It's really a convenience feature IMO, and like it or not I believe it is here to stay moving forward especially since the Genie DVRs have had this enhancement for a while now.  

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#10 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

Recent searches only keep the last 25.  I don't know why you are seeing them disappear though like that.

I understand that, but they shouldn't disappear unless I delete them, right?

Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#11 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,564 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

It's really a convenience feature IMO, and like it or not I believe it is here to stay moving forward especially since the Genie DVRs have had this enhancement for a while now.  

Yep, is really a great feature.  Glad is available now on the dual tuners DVRs

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#12 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

This is a new bug I'm seeing too. Had 25 recent searches. Was using it this morning and noticed as I used them, they disappeared. Seems like they changed the format or something. If I "re-do" them and then use them, they don't disappear. Of course, I can't create a recent search for a program that isn't airing...

#13 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Suppose you are in the Guide or channel surfing and you see a movie on [insert any premium movie channel here], the movie is already in progress but you would like to record the next airing. Well, previously when you check View Upcoming it would only check for the next airing on that specific movie channel, where as now it will search VOD, multiple multiplexes of the premium movie channels, completely different channels etc.

Previously, you would have to take the title of the movie and use Smart Search to see multiple airings across multiple channels/VOD.

Ok, that is a valid use case, but there is another one. I click on my guide on CBS 2 HD on Thursday @ 8pm and I want to view the upcoming eps of The Big Bang Theory at that time. I certainly don't want to see the 50 million syndication airings on local channels, SD versions, VOD eps. I just wanted to see the eps that are on CBS 2 HD.

#14 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

I understand that, but they shouldn't disappear unless I delete them, right?

I'm seeing this too. Seems like if you re-create them, they stick :nono2: .

#15 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

AH, I haven't seen any of the issues you are saying, and I love that it will find all shows on any channel.  About dang time it did.

As for the other issue, I hadn't seen them either...When did it get pushed to you, maybe all the guide data isnt fully loaded yet?

Record from Other Shows is most definitely broken. Seems like it sometimes refreshes if you have 1 or 2 eps, but try it on a show with a lot of eps like Pawn Stars or Big Bang Theory and it doesn't refresh the screen.

#16 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

This is a new bug I'm seeing too. Had 25 recent searches. Was using it this morning and noticed as I used them, they disappeared. Seems like they changed the format or something. If I "re-do" them and then use them, they don't disappear. Of course, I can't create a recent search for a program that isn't airing...

Not seeming this on my genie. How old are your recent searches? You could be right about them having changed some format so your old formatted ones will disappear.

#17 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

I got my HR24 in Oct '13, so they were probably set up around that time.

#18 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,564 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Ok, that is a valid use case, but there is another one. I click on my guide on CBS 2 HD on Thursday @ 8pm and I want to view the upcoming eps of The Big Bang Theory at that time. I certainly don't want to see the 50 million syndication airings on local channels, SD versions, VOD eps. I just wanted to see the eps that are on CBS 2 HD.

the "rub" here is that there are not 50 million returns

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#19 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

Haha... try it on Pawn Stars, Big Bang Theory, Two And A Half Men, How I Met Your Mother or some other show that has "50 million" airings per 14 days. The screen will refresh the R indicators if you go into the info for an episode, but as there are "50 million" airings, when you come back to the list, they re-scan the entire guide rather then just cache what you had 1 second ago before you clicked the INFO button.

Remember, with something like Pawn Stars, there are LOTS (probably 10+) of showings EVERY day. Multiply that by 2 for the SD channels. Now throw an additional 10 - 20 VOD eps and the list is unusable. If there are 10 eps per day, that's 140 per 14 days * 2 for the SD version = 280 + 10 - 20 VOD = 300+!!!!

For something like How I Met Your Mother or Two And Half Men that's on CBS, you gets lots of showings EVERY DAY, PLUS you get all versions of the channel: CBS HD (2), CBS SD (2), CBS OTA, CBS National Feed HD (392 I believe), CBS National Feed SD, KCOP HD (syndication), KCOP SD (syndication), VOD.

Edited by SledgeHammer, 02 March 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Remember, with something like Pawn Stars, there are LOTS (probably 10+) of showings EVERY day. Multiply that by 2 for the SD channels. Now throw an additional 10 - 20 VOD eps and the list is unusable. If there are 10 eps per day, that's 140 per 14 days * 2 for the SD version = 280 + 10 - 20 VOD = 300+!!!!

For something like How I Met Your Mother or Two And Half Men that's on CBS, you gets lots of showings EVERY DAY, PLUS you get all versions of the channel: CBS HD (2), CBS SD (2), CBS OTA, CBS National Feed HD (392 I believe), CBS National Feed SD, KCOP HD (syndication), KCOP SD (syndication), VOD.

When looking at "Other Showings" for the following you listed:

Pawn Stars 76 TV Airings | 11 VOD

How I Met Your Mother 166 TV Airings | 4 VOD

Two and Half Men 100 TV Airings | 5 VOD

I guess it varies based on your local affiliates (for syndication etc.) for How I Met Your Mother and Two and Half Men. I do see listings from the DNS channels (389-399 channel range) included which I believe is an error/bug as they are grayed out as there channels I do not get; I do not think its normal operation for those to be appearing to be honest. 

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

Protected By... spam firewall...And...