Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22: 0x07E7, 0x047E7, 0x7EB Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   daisydog6

daisydog6

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

My HR-20 has the same 2 issues, which weren't there before the update: record from Other Showings doesn't work, & Recent Searches are deleted if you click on them.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

When looking at "Other Showings" for the following you listed:

Pawn Stars 76 TV Airings | 11 VOD

How I Met Your Mother 166 TV Airings | 4 VOD

Two and Half Men 100 TV Airings | 5 VOD

I guess it varies based on your local affiliates (for syndication etc.) for How I Met Your Mother and Two and Half Men. I do see listings from the DNS channels (389-399 channel range) included which I believe is an error/bug as they are grayed out as there channels I do not get; I do not think its normal operation for those to be appearing to be honest. 

I think your numbers are WAY off. I'll check my box for the actual numbers when I get home tonight and report them. But I can tell you for a fact that my phone is showing ~115 airings of pawn stars for the next 2 weeks and thats HD only. That'll be 230 eps counting the SD versions, but I'll report back later tonight with the actual numbers.

#23 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

As promised:

Pawn Stars = 166 airings + 15 VOD

Two & Half Men = 168 airings + 11 VOD

How I Met Your Mother = 312 airings + 4 VOD

Scrolling through a list with 168 items is a complete CF.

Scrolling through a list with 312 items is just about absolutely useless.

and just for fun... FRIENDS = 392 airings.

Edited by SledgeHammer, 03 March 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   DJ Lon

DJ Lon

Legend

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

I noticed something new.  My HR21s both do this NOW, but never before.  If I go to "smart search", and select "recent searches", and then select OK on a previous search string to see what may be showing, when I press BACK, that search string has now been deleted from the previous searches list.  The searches should remain until I specifically delete them.  Has anyone else seen this?  It doesn't do this every time, but form a small sample, I'd say it was over 75% of the time.

Yes, this is happening to me. All my old searches have disappeared on all 3 of my DVRs.

Dish Network sub 4/2005-7/2010 · DirecTV sub 7/2010-present · HR34/700 (on 5th replacement, 2014),
HR24/500 (orig install, 2010), HR24/100 (equip upgr, 2011), HR24/100 (equip upgr, 2014) · Yes, 11 tuners! biggrin.gif

#25 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

HR23-700 with 0x7eb - I don't know if this is a receiver problem, or a software problem, so will post and see what someone says

HR23 is connected to TV via HDMI cable... worked last night, turned TV on this morning and had a "no signal" message... switched TV to other HDMI input, and Roku/Netflix works... back to HDMI for the HR23... still no signal

Before calling for TV repair, I did a red button reset on the HR23... and HDMI signal now goes to TV

Has anyone else seen this problem with the 0x7eb software OR the same problem with the HR23 receiver?

#26 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

This update on the HR24 wiped my Quick Tune selections and also messed with my Video settings (reset to 4:3).

It took a few iterations to get quick tune to use HD versions of the channels.

I also had to re-do the OTA set up.

I haven't checked the HR23.

Update on the HR23: Quick tune entries were intact.

Edited by jdspencer, 07 March 2014 - 11:58 AM.

DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#27 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 2,234 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Ever since my H24-700s were updated to 0x07E7 one or two of them go black at a random time each day. There are no issues with signal, no issues with power, it isn't a hardware problem because it has happened to every one of them at one point or another. Some are connected to a Panasonic, some to a LG, four different models of plasma in all, so it has nothing to do with the TV. Turning the receiver off and on again fixes the issue.

I haven't seen them do it, so I can't be certain it isn't some sort of power saving thing, but this is a commercial account so there should be no power saving - there is no power saving menu available so if it is related to that I don't have any way to disable it. At any rate the problem isn't happening to all of them at once or every day, most of them on a given day are powered on for over 12 hours and even if the channel isn't changed they never enter power saving mode.

All my H20s are fine, they aren't having this issue, it is just the H24s that have suffered from it since the new software downloaded a week ago.

Very annoying, I sure hope the next release comes soon and fixes this problem!!

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

#28 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 576 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

I received 0x0803 early this morning on both HR21-700s.

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x087f AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x087f AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x08c2
DirecTV since 1997

#29 OFFLINE   Machael

Machael

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

OMG, got 7EB pushed to my HR24. How did this pass testing? SOOOO BROKEN.

1) "Other Showings" instead of "View Upcoming". Why would I want to see every single possible showing of a show (including syndication, VOD, SD, etc)? "View Upcoming" only showed the same channel. Try to do this on a show with many repeats / channels and this feature is completely unusable (i.e. Pawn Stars)

2) Can't record from "Other Showings" list... well, you can, but its broken and doesn't refresh the screen / show the icon, so you don't know if it actually took it.

3) Half the time the "Other Showings" doesn't update the program description or shows the wrong program description

4) Half the time the guide doesn't update the program description or shows the wrong program description

God I can't wait til my contract is up...

#2 is really annoying for me. I used to hit record all the time in that list, but now, you just have to hope it registered. You can always go to the menu and manage recordings, but I shouldn't have to do that....It used to show the "R" right there on the "upcoming" screen.

The guide in general is much more laggy now.

The wifi app on my GS4 is lightning quick.....my DTV remote should be that way as well....

HR23-700
HR20-700
WB68 multiswitch
Networked via Netgear XAVB101 Powerline (200MPS)
Sony KDL-52XBR4 (via HDMI)
Onkyo TX-SR302 (Coax DD input)
PS3
Remote: Logitech 600
UPS: APC

#30 OFFLINE   phodg

phodg

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

Found a weird quirk the other night - I deleted a season pass from my list, but it still showed. So I tried again. And again. Eventually it disappeared. Turns out it actually deleted the first time, then deleted other season passes the next two times (even though the original one was the one still showing on the screen). I would guess it's related to the non-refreshing issue when hitting "Record" in the other showings list.

Only found out when a show I had set as a season pass didn't record, and then I realized what must have happened.

#31 OFFLINE   rakstr

rakstr

Legend

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

This just popped up recently so I suspect it has something to do with a change to Doly Digital transmission since it is on two of my HR24-100 with 7EB.  Just to be "safe" I "reloaded" 7EB this morning on one of them.

I use both WHDMI and HDBaseT remote room connections on these receivers.  Both these technologies and all my devices are "certified and licensed" I believe for all the "keep me from enjoying content while doing little to reduce piracy laws" :)  I have 2 different brands of WHDMI.  I know these devices "have been working" at some point before the past week (ish) as the TVs are in my home office, a guest bedroom, and my workshop.  For each receiver, there is a powered HDMI splitter.

Over the weekend, my workshop demonstrated the problem, this morning I noticed it in my office, and then I tested it in the guest bedroom.

THE PROBLEM - No sound on these three TVs, good picture but TVs connected via an HDMI cable operate as expected.

THE TEMPORARY SOLUTION - After going through all the steps of resetting devices and direct cabling, I determined if I turned OFF Dolby Digital I get sound on the 3 remote TVs.  This is why I believe DTV has changed something in their stream that is preventing Dolb Digital from being "broadcast" on the non-hardwired devices.  I remember something similar happening a few years ago.

Like I said, this has been all working for a LONG time and is only recently (<7 days or so) a problem across 2 DTV receivers (HR24-100), a 2 month old release of the firmware (7EB), 2 technologies (WHDMI and HDBaseT), and multiple brands (IOGEAR and MonoPrice).  Points me smack to something that DTV has recently done with how they present Dolby Digital.

Edited by rakstr, 31 March 2014 - 11:05 AM.

spam firewall