Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Streets of San Francisco pilot episode (1972)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,749 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

...with "star maker" Karl Malden getting top billing, and with newcomer Michael Douglas listed below Robert Wagner in the opening credits, will air tonight at 8:00 Eastern on MeTV.

Poor RIchard Hatch never appreciated what it could mean to a career to be paired with an "old school" actor who believed it was his job to make the other actors look good.

Edited by AntAltMike, 21 February 2014 - 07:58 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

They also ran the pilot for Five-0 not too long ago with different actors playing Danny and Jonathon Kaye and Lew Ayres playing the Governor.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#3 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

I actually saw the original pilot for The Bold Ones: The Lawyers series, "The Sound of Anger", first run back in 1968.  Guy Stockwell played the role of law firm partner Brad Darrell, but that character was replaced in the second pilot, "The Whole World is Watching", by Brian Darrell, played by Joseph Campenella, and Hal Holbrook, who went on to star in The Bold Ones: The Senator, was a university chancellor in that second pilot.  The relationship between Ives and the other two lawyers was very contentious in the first pilot, whereas the three lawyers had a more cordial relationships with one another in the second one.

Spoiler alert:  Actually, not really a spoiler alert because the Bold Ones pilots are not presently scheduled for anywhere.

In the first pilot, Burl Ives does an absolutely unreal job of getting the jury to ignore the overwhelming evidence and to acquit his guilty client of blowing up a small private plane.  But the kicker at the end of the episode, as I remember it, was that right after the trial, it was discovered that there had been a second passenger on the plane, so there would be another murder trial...

Edited by AntAltMike, 22 February 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Karl Malden was a fine actor whose real name was Mladen George Sekulovich. Throughout his career he cleverly found ways to say "Sekulovich" in films and television shows in which he appeared. He also had one of the longest lasting marriages in Hollywood (more than 70 years) with his wife Mona. I can think of no better role model for someone contemplating a acting career. 

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#5 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Karl Malden was a fine actor whose real name was Mladen George Sekulovich. Throughout his career he cleverly found ways to say "Sekulovich" in films and television shows in which he appeared. He also had one of the longest lasting marriages in Hollywood (more than 70 years) with his wife Mona. I can think of no better role model for someone contemplating a acting career.

Never knew that. Now I have to find one of his old movie to check it out.

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

Never knew that. Now I have to find one of his old movie to check it out.

Ones I know of: Patton......Dead Ringer......Fear Strikes Out......Bird Man of Alcatraz......On the Waterfront......Streets of San Francisco.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#7 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

On The Waterfront march 1st 12:00p on TCM.

#8 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

They also ran the pilot for Five-0 not too long ago with different actors playing Danny and Jonathon Kaye and Lew Ayres playing the Governor.

I can never remember if Chin Ho played Kam Fong, or if Kam Fong played Chin Ho.  But then, I imagine that there are Hawaiians who can't remember if Jack Lord played Steve McGarrett or if Steve McGarrett played Jack Lord.

Edited by AntAltMike, 21 February 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

All four of them were pretty wooden. As are the current inhabitants of those and all the other 5-0 roles. An errant spark could cause a tragic flash fire.

BTW, On The Waterfront :righton:

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...