Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Using AUX to control TV1 functions on a 21.0 remote

722k tv1 21.0

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pboggini

pboggini

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hi all,  

It's been years since I participated in this forum which, I suppose, speaks to the reliability of my 722K setup at my house:-).  My question is this.  I'd like to have my 21.0 UHF remotes be able to control the TV1 channels (thinking I'd like to program the AUX mode to control the TV1 part) so that when I'm in the other rooms I can change the channel rather than just tune to it at watch it.  I get that it's likely only IR so I'll need to do the IR extender thing which I'm fine with.  I'm wondering what code I can use to tell the remote to control this.  Looking around here and on the web in general I see some mention of doing this but I haven't yet found any codes that I should be using.  Anyone have any tips?  The few manuals that I've found for this remote (I actually have two 21.0's and one 21.1) don't mention this.

thanks peterb

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,802 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

TV1 can be either RF or IR. The AUX configuration of the remotes is IR only.

It would be a whole lot easier to get a second RF remote than to suffer the cost and aggravation of setting up an IR repeater system.  Then your biggest concern is whether you want to take the blue pill or the green pill. ;)

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   pboggini

pboggini

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

TV1 can be either RF or IR. The AUX configuration of the remotes is IR only.

It would be a whole lot easier to get a second RF remote than to suffer the cost and aggravation of setting up an IR repeater system.  Then your biggest concern is whether you want to take the blue pill or the green pill. ;)

That's an interesting idea.  I did find the answer to my question though in a .pdf that I found on the web.  Essentially, you can program the aux mode to control a second receiver via IR by doing the following:

1) press and hold aux until all lights light up.

2) press 3

3) press the number(s) that match the address for the tuner in question (in my case it was 1 for TV1 and 16 for TV2 so I used 1) 

4) press #

Now, the aux mode will control my TV1 tuner.  My setup has three remote TV's all with my 722K's TV2 on channel 24 and TV1 on channel 26 and then all the HD OTA stuff on the same coax.  So, since it's three TV's, I'm not sure I want to go out and get three more remotes but I'll know better once I look into how hard the IR repeater stuff is going to be.  

Thanks Harsh for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind and if the IR repeater setup is too much of a pain, I might just snag three more remotes:-).

peterb

#4 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

I assume you are talking about page 7 of the remote user guide available at http://www.dish.com/...c_userguide.pdf.

An important note is that you cannot control TV2 via Aux.  I wonder why they added this limitation.  I guess I could switch the remote to be a TV2 remote and program Aux for TV1, but then the recovery button won't work and I would have to make sure the remote stays on Aux most of the time.

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#5 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

The 6.2 IR/UHF pro remote will do UHF from the aux port.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 722k, tv1, 21.0

Protected By... spam firewall...And...