Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Formula 1 2014 season discussion.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

When you get a chance to watch Bahrain, get 3 bags of popcorn, do not answer the doorbell, and turn your phone off. It a great race start to finish! But thats just my opinion......

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna try to get to them before the weekend.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

Watched the Bahrain GP. Mercedes was dominant yet again. The good thing is that both were dominant so they could battle each other as no one else was even close. If that doesn't change it could be a pretty year as you wouldn't even need to watch as in years past. I thought they were gonna take each other out on more than one occasion.

Ferrari is in rough shape. Luca left early and when I heard his comments to Will Buxton he didn't sound happy at all. Rightly so IMHO. Ferrari have been fading for a few years. 

I wouldn't be a darn bit surprised if Maldonado sits China out. He torpedoed Gutierrez pretty good but then again one could also argue that Gutierrez wasn't paying attention and cut him off. Yet again though Maldonado was flying coming into the turn. We'll see I guess. Speaking of this wreck, how about those front noses keeping cars on the ground? HA! If that happened from the side imagine the height Gutierrez would have achieved had it been from the rear of the car.

#23 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

5 grid spot penalty for Maldonado.

#24 ONLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

I am a Lewis Hamilton fan so last week was fine with me. His old team is not so fast now. And his new team is dominating. Good move. Amazing how every team was at a different pace. Teammates fighting it out all over the track. Lewis and Nico don't give an inch to each other. Good for us. No team orders to let them by.

#25 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

I am a Lewis Hamilton fan so last week was fine with me. His old team is not so fast now. And his new team is dominating. Good move. Amazing how every team was at a different pace. Teammates fighting it out all over the track. Lewis and Nico don't give an inch to each other. Good for us. No team orders to let them by.

No orders this time but they were both told to bring the cars home so that might have made them behave which is good. I can only imagine how chippy it will get later in the season of these 2 go back and forth on wins.

#26 ONLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Rosberg should have settled for second. First in points already. But no, he tried to pass Hamilton. Fun watching them dual, but too dangerous for team. I was stoked when Lewis held him off. Hopefully some other teams find some speed and compete for the lead of the race. That front wing catapulted that car and didn't even come loose! Better than nascar.

#27 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

Rosberg should have settled for second. First in points already. But no, he tried to pass Hamilton. Fun watching them dual, but too dangerous for team. I was stoked when Lewis held him off. Hopefully some other teams find some speed and compete for the lead of the race. That front wing catapulted that car and didn't even come loose! Better than nascar.

They made the role change to prevent just that and it still happened. Should have left them alone. They look hideous.

#28 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

Ferrari news: Domenicali resigns as Ferrari team principal
http://www.f1reader....principal-95909

#29 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

A couple of stories this am...

Haas Formula: http://www.sportingn...ercedes-ferrari

http://guardianlv.co...ess-conference/

Ferrari announce: http://www.bbc.com/s...rmula1/27023145

Haas Formula needs some "employees" for the new team......

Gunther Steiner was a technical director at Red Bull Racing for a while and Domenicali knows the "fundamentals" of running a team...

Good luck to Haas, hopefully a better chance than Windsor's outfit...

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#30 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

I miss Peter in the pits sometimes. Will gets on my nerves every now and again.

#31 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

I kinda agree, Peter was very good, but had more years under his belt than Will has had. One thing I notice this year, the pre-race "chatting" is almost non-existent. Very few on the grid driver interviews. I wish  Bernie would allow camera use in the pits for Will, when he has something to say. Sorta weird that you never see him! That is true for everybody though because of this "host broadcaster" deal.....

#32 ONLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

An American team. Cool. Forget about Danica Patrick.

#33 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

I really miss the on grid interviews. Those were awesome. I wonder if that was a FIA change or NBC change. After that camera man got smoked by that tire, those days are gone unfortunately.

Edited by mrro82, 15 April 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#34 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

I really hope for the sake of the rest of the season that someone else starts winning. Watching Lewis run away form everyone is disturbingly reminiscent of Vettel the past couple of years and I think that at this point in the sport that it isn't necessarily a good thing. People are still upset about the engine sounds and I can't imagine them not tuning out when Lewis runs away. I know from personal experience that it happens. I did it last year on more than one occasion.

Ferrari are making strides it seems. Alonso had a great race and I think once Kimi gets his ride right to his liking that he will move closer to the podium. I would say for Kimi it's about 3 races off. They make such small changes per race that it will take that long IMHO. After that I would expect him and Alonso to start duking it out for podium spots.

I'm looking forward to 2015 or 2016 when Haas gets his team on the grid. Well hopefully. We all remember the USF1 team. I'd love to see his racing history propel his cars into the middle of the pack. Another back marker team doesn't do anybody any good. Then again F1 is a very tough sport to hop into.

I think Massa would have either been on the podium or damn close before his pit stop screwed him. 

#35 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Wow 2 really good races in a row....The venue for the Austrian race looks great and the atmosphere seemed like it was back at the Glen when I used to attend many,many years ago!!. Side note....My recording of the race this past weekend included the pre-race show as part of the regular recording. I usually had to look for the pre-race show in the Guide and add it to the recorder and you could not set up a series link for it. Hopefully NBCSN will continue this practice...

Looking forward to Silverstone.....

#36 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

I've been hoping for NBC to do that since last year. I hope it continues as well. Nice to see someone else on pole. Too bad it didn't translate to a win but nice regardless. Nothing is going to stop Mercedes. If I had to choose of pick Nico for the championship. Seeing F1 in Austria again is awesome. They need more old school venues instead of these crappy new courses.

Edited by mrro82, 24 June 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#37 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

..... Seeing F1 in Austria again is awesome. They need more old school venues instead of these crappy new courses.

Agreed!!....Too sterile and "Pretty".....Williams might show well in England,fast circuit like Austria...Force India too might show well...

#38 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

At this point I'm hoping for anyone but Mercedes to win. It's getting boring again. It's damn near wrapped up at the point and it isn't half way through yet.

Edited by mrro82, 24 June 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#39 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

As a heads-up....Coverage of the British GP is split between NBCSN and CNBC....Friday practice is NBCSN...Sat qually and the race is CNBC.As of this posting the DTV Guide does not reflect this. As I recall this happened last year and the Guide was late to update so keep checking it....I believe all races in July are this way because of NBCSN coverage of the Tour de' France.....

#40 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

I thought so.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...