Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Weirdest buffer thing I've ever seen. Seriously.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shmengie

shmengie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

So, last night, I was watching CNHDW (Ch 297). I was pooped and went to bed around 10:30ish, turning everything, including my HR22-100, off.

I just turned everything on, and...WTH? Last nights buffer is still there! I am watching The Cleveland show, in buffer, from 10:30pm LAST NIGHT! I double-checked and I did not record these and I am not watching a recording. I am watch a live buffer from 10 hours ago!

I don't really have a question. Just thought I'd share. If I had a question, I guess it'd be: Anyone else ever see this impossible behavior?

Y'all have a good one!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye

AllStar

• Registered
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

This used to happen with the old TiVos, when put into standby, whatever was in the buffer would stay there, but you couldn't retrieve anything that occurred during the standby time.

So I'm curious if all of the hours of standby would still be there in your case.  Can you still catch up to "real time" and not miss anything, or is there a gap from the standby time?

#3 OFFLINE   Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye

AllStar

• Registered
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

Also, my guide doesn't show CNw as being HD, only CNe.

#4 OFFLINE   shmengie

shmengie

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Yeah right, sorry, NOT HD. Just used to saying HD.

So, no, I could not get past the buffer; I had to finally change channels to clear whatever the hell that was.

As for standby, I did not see the "Standby" message I normally see if, in fact, coming out of standby, so I don't think it was that. Could be. I don't know. I don't know nothin', no how.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...