Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Choices Available To Watch Dallas On TNT?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Our DISH722k suffered from yet another hard drive failure.  My wife would love to watch Dallas on TNT tonight.  What options, if any, does she have currently?  Is there some sort of way to watch it on a website or is she just out of luck?  (The replacement DISH 722k arrives tomorrow.)

http://www.dallastnt.com/

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

If you have an iPad there is a TNT app. Looks like they stream stuff live.

Looks like you can also go to http://www.tntdrama.com/ and use your Dish credentials as well.

#3 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,553 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

My experience with TNT shows supports klang's suggestion. When you look at the upper right area of this screen, it looks like they'll let you stream the show even at normal show time if you sign in, but I've never done that:

tnt.jpg

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#4 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Our DISH722k suffered from yet another hard drive failure.  My wife would love to watch Dallas on TNT tonight.  What options, if any, does she have currently?  Is there some sort of way to watch it on a website or is she just out of luck?  (The replacement DISH 722k arrives tomorrow.)

Try HULU.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#5 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

Even with the failed hard drive, the receiver should continue to operate as a non-DVR receiver, just as if it were a Vip 222.

If the hard drive has not totally failed and it is interfering with watching, the hard drive may be unplugged inside the receiver and it reverts to Vip 222 status.

Be sure to reconnect the hard drive before you return the unit.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#6 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Jim148,

If you have setup your www.mydish.com account you can episodes from TNT and Dallas through there. When the hard drive fails, it will usually cause the DVR not to function correctly.

If you just use it to watch the channels and do not select the DVR button, you will be able to watch your programming package.

There are issues where the Hard Drive Failure message on the screen (311), will not allow you to watch your programming.

If you have any further DISH questions please let me know and I am happy to help you!

Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   Tecmo SB Guy

Tecmo SB Guy

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

It's right here:

http://www.tntdrama....4732&cid=114210

#8 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

When the hard drive fails on a Dish DVR, it becomes a standard receiver.

The 722k effectively becomes a 222k, so the tuners still work, just not the DVR functions.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...